I think it's similar for searches.

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between sending emails.
Please try again in 52 seconds.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I got that too, except it said 5 instead of 15 and I was searching the forums. When I tried to reproduce it I couldn't so I didn't mention it, thought maybe it was a one time thing.

And what is the problem with that message? If you want 52 seconds you will be ok, right?

If the real timeout is 60, 75, or 90 seconds, why does it say that "[t]his forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between [...]"?

I was just kidding. :) Dani is probably the only one who can answer your question.

Same bug exists in the search-function. I mentioned it a month ago.

And I think the 60 seconds interval between sending emails is too long.

If I see someone spamming, I always 'report bad post'. But I have to wait 60 seconds to report the next spam-message... I don't like staring at my monitor for 60 seconds, doing nothing, just to help the mod-team ;)

I don't like having to wait to get the next search result, after looking at the first one. It's repeating the search when I use the BACK button.

I need specific steps to reproduce this bug please.

The way I produced this error "This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 101 seconds." was to do a search for all unanswered threads, then all of today's posts, then all posts since I last visit - poof, I get the error. Also, I get the error when I search for all unanswered threads, go in to answer it then go back to my original list, then go to the next page of the list which fails then I do the search again and get the error messaga

The bug is that you have to wait longer. Why not just make the try again in 15 seconds, instead of 52?

It also makes you wait a full minute between reports of spam posts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.