I think it's similar for searches.

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between sending emails.
Please try again in 52 seconds.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by MidiMagic

I got that too, except it said 5 instead of 15 and I was searching the forums. When I tried to reproduce it I couldn't so I didn't mention it, thought maybe it was a one time thing.

If the real timeout is 60, 75, or 90 seconds, why does it say that "[t]his forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between [...]"?

Same bug exists in the search-function. I mentioned it a month ago.

And I think the 60 seconds interval between sending emails is too long.

If I see someone spamming, I always 'report bad post'. But I have to wait 60 seconds to report the next spam-message... I don't like staring at my monitor for 60 seconds, doing nothing, just to help the mod-team ;)

I don't like having to wait to get the next search result, after looking at the first one. It's repeating the search when I use the BACK button.

The way I produced this error "This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 101 seconds." was to do a search for all unanswered threads, then all of today's posts, then all posts since I last visit - poof, I get the error. Also, I get the error when I search for all unanswered threads, go in to answer it then go back to my original list, then go to the next page of the list which fails then I do the search again and get the error messaga

The bug is that you have to wait longer. Why not just make the try again in 15 seconds, instead of 52?

It also makes you wait a full minute between reports of spam posts.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.