Happy Turkey Day everyone!!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Happy Thanksgiving to all Americans (ours was over a month ago :p)

Happy Thanksgiving :)

(wonders why I am bothering as us English dont do Thanksgiving at all)

I don't understand why one needs to have a special day for it.
I have to thank someone for something, I don't wait for upto 1 year to do that :p

The same goes to you too Jayant.I don't understand why should the bride and the bridegroom go around in a circle while the bridegroom pulls the dress of the bride while marrying and don't eat for one whole day.

Disclaimer:No offence intended. :)

The same goes to you too Jayant.I don't understand why should the bride and the bridegroom go around in a circle while the bridegroom pulls the dress of the bride while marrying and don't eat for one whole day.

Disclaimer:No offence intended. :)

1) no offence taken :p
2) there wasn't a need for a disclaimer
3) groom and bride go around 7 times in total (for 7 promises they make to each other). this is the way one takes oath of goddess fire, when marrying.
like when you take oath, you say amen, or keep right hand above the heart.
or like when athletes takes oath in olympics, they have their hand raised.
these are somethings that make sense (some kind of decorum one needs to follow),
but waiting for 1 yr. to thank someone for something good one did to/for me on Nov 27 doesnt make much sense to me :lol:

Is it just me, or are there several "new" or never before heard of moderators on Techtalk lately?

Little late, but happy thanksgiving. :)

[Edit: I'm a little late, that is.]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.