Hey dani, I totally dig the new look! keep up the good work :cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 33 Replies

I agree, it is very smooth :)

mmm.. something doesnt blend in well.. ..its nice and smooth but something looks out of place... i think it could be the fonts. :rolleyes:

I like the new style of daniweb but the gaps in the forums are obvious.

Thanks there fellas. As far as the fonts go ... I decided to try 'Century Gothic' ... my absolute favorite font, instead of Arial or Verdana. What do you mean by the gaps in the forums?

Looks good, but in some places a bit cramped. Don't know why as it seems to be all about the same size.

Looks good, but in some places a bit cramped...

I agree, in the forums that have the site info in the left column, and the ads in the right column, the threads in the center seem cramped.

Also, I don't know why, but the font seems to bother my eyes so I can't stay on for very long at a time.

Aannnd... I can't find where the Buddy list is, did it go away or am I missing it?

Other then that, it looks pretty good -- will just take some getting used to.

Oh, were you going to go back to using the background for the signatures? I know some people didn't like it, but I did.

I think it looks good. I'm not sure what there's wrong with the font thought. I find it fine.

Out of curiosity what happens to all the time and effort spent on the old style! :eek:

Century Gothic has more thin characters than arial or verdana. Maybe this is why some people might think its harder to read for a longer period of time. I think the look is pretty sweet.

I love the new look too. On top of looking nice, it's easier to navigate and it cleaned up the cluttered look the forums had.

I love the new look too. On top of looking nice, it's easier to navigate and it cleaned up the cluttered look the forums had.

I second that. Nice work Dani.

easier to navigate for sure...I liked the background on the sigs...

Is it me, or is the new site alot faster to navigate, (as in load times). Is this an intentional benefit of the sleaker design.

Hey folks. Thanks for the comments. We are now using Arial and I think it's good to go. Anyone have a problem / qualm with this font? Minor things on the new style are still being tweaked. I may put a box around the forum signatures, but if I do, it will be extraordinarily subtle. The idea of the new design was to look more professional (corporate, actually) while be much cleaner and much easier to navigate. I'm not so sure I'm entirely happy with the results yet, but I'm working on yet! But those are the goals ;)

the new look is very pro and sexy good work indeed im lovin it :D

Arial is perfect. Maybe it would be better to add a white line on top of the signature like the one under the post's title instead of a box. It might be cleaner that way. What do you think?

Definitely an idea. I'll think about it.

Verdana also gives a much clear reading ... We were advised to use verdana in our final year project.

It's been awhile since my last visit,the site looks great : :D

you've done a great job

Dani world loooooooks gr8 :mrgreen:

Hey folks. Thanks for the comments. We are now using Arial and I think it's good to go. Anyone have a problem / qualm with this font? Minor things on the new style are still being tweaked. I may put a box around the forum signatures, but if I do, it will be extraordinarily subtle. The idea of the new design was to look more professional (corporate, actually) while be much cleaner and much easier to navigate. I'm not so sure I'm entirely happy with the results yet, but I'm working on yet! But those are the goals ;)

The new font is fine by me, thanks for the change :)

I still feel a background for the signatures would be good, but at least a box. Here's one example of why (posts 2-5):
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread21849.html

Dare I say it. I like the layout. I'm not a big fan of the color scheme. I'm typing this reply in a 3-toned pastel purple box. I have the faint taste of grape Bubblicious bubblegum in my mouth. I have the urge to draw a unicorn, and change all the dots above my "i"s into bubbly heart shapes.

Change the color of the pannel surrounding the textbox. It's more grey instead of purple now. Can you tell?

Yeah, I can tell. The overall affect as one traverses the site, though, is a bit too "precious" for my tastes.

But it isn't about me. If your goal was to create a tech site that didn't conform to the Microsoft-induced "tech" color scheme, you did it. Also, if you wanted, consciously or not, to underscore the site is operated by a "girl", you did that too!

I'll just to balance my time here with visits to some manly site.

Yeah, I can tell. The overall affect as one traverses the site, though, is a bit too "precious" for my tastes.

But it isn't about me. If your goal was to create a tech site that didn't conform to the Microsoft-induced "tech" color scheme, you did it. Also, if you wanted, consciously or not, to underscore the site is operated by a "girl", you did that too!

I'll just to balance my time here with visits to some manly site.

:rolleyes: I havent found it to be girly or manly....I havent really thought about it, but it looks pretty nuetral to me.

commented: I agree! -- dlh +2

That color scheme might be "neutral" on that site but it's not as nice. I don't find this site "girly" and there's not that much purple anymore.
In my opinion, Dani, you're doing an awesome job with the site.

Agreed, what is girly to some is manly to others and neutral to most of us. I like the purple.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.