What do you guys think of this new daniweb design? Personally, I'm not
very fond of it. The simpler the better. I just don't like the design. It
needs more "flavor" or something. Idk, what do you guys think?

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

personally I'm not a big fan. I don't like all of the empty space at the bottom of a post. It makes it take up to much space. Just when I get used to the old interface they change it on me again. BTW is there a post that explains what the new symbols mean?

Just go to the "Daniweb Community Feedback" forum, there is a whole topic on the situation that explains a lot about what is going on.

I kind of like the simpler design. I was getting really tired of looking at that cartoon dude all the time and the pop up was really annoying.

Yea I know. This design is really annoying.

Hey now we look just like all the other Forums. Now I have to learn to navigate all over again. Let me dig out my GPS,flashlight & c-rats in case I get lost.

commented: hah, yeah. its pretty bland isnt it other than the eggplant suicide bomber who detonated up in this thing +0

I find it much easier to read.

Hey now we look just like all the other Forums. Now I have to learn to navigate all over again. Let me dig out my GPS,flashlight & c-rats in case I get lost.

If it's just like all the other forums, why do you have to learn to navigate all over again? It's just like all the other forums. :icon_confused:

:icon_wink:

old design was easy to access :)
Now I've to get used to this one

Its not looks like a forum though but i am feeling comfortable with it, its working well. :)

commented: spammer +0
commented: dirty rotten spammer +0

I said it LOOKS like all the other Forums I didn't say the nav was the same

it is too 'fat' (not phat)

Its not looks like a forum though but i am feeling comfortable with it, its working well. :)

Isn't signature spamming fun? What kind of sticks and poor quality DVDs are you unloading on the naive public? Too bad the new design doesn't prevent that.

I miss the little pencil icon that made it very obvious that you had posted in a thread.

Isn't signature spamming fun? What kind of sticks and poor quality DVDs are you unloading on the naive public? Too bad the new design doesn't prevent that.

Worse, it clearly shows the mods/admins have no interest in stopping spammers even if they're pilfering products that are in clear violation of the law.

Just go to the "Daniweb Community Feedback" forum, there is a whole topic on the situation that explains a lot about what is going on.

You shoulda linked to it - I could not find it.

You shoulda linked to it - I could not find it.

link

Well by now I have gotten use to it. Can someone explain why this changed occurred in
the first place? Did I miss something.

Well by now I have gotten use to it. Can someone explain why this changed occurred in
the first place? Did I miss something.

Marketing. Rebranding is thought to be very good for your profit marging.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.