Today is an American Thanksgiving holiday and we typically gorge ourselves with turkey, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, salads, and desserts. If you cook all that at home there is normally enough left overs to last as week or so.

This year we decided not to bother with all that cooking and cleaning up. Instead, we went to a restaurant and left the cooking/cleaning up to someone else. And I don't even miss all the leftovers.

Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate it today.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hi AD,

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

And my family goes to a restaurant every year ;)

My family gets together with some good ol' fashioned southern home cooking. There's nothing like binging on awesome food with good company and then not eating for the next day because you're too full. ;)

We alternate homes with some friends; one year out at their farmette and next here with us. Sometimes, if we can roll out the door, we head over to the big bash on Beacon Hill. I do not have to drive (I'm home, duh) so I do not have to watch my drinking as much so we probably won't make it to the big bash.

Unfortunate, since that is where the beef co-op is meeting to mete out the meat (heh,heh). We bought into a cow again this year; our freezer is packed full and the sausage finally arrived. It usually takes a couple months after slaughter for the sausage to be properly cured so this weekend is it.

Happy T-day to all -- a warning from your local plumber, throw it out - do not try to run all that fat, skin, and so on through the insinkerator. Thanksgiving is their busiest day - all that food being disposed of in various ways.

What exactly is it that you are thankful for? (Genuine question)

Being alive at least.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Historically, US Thanksgiving is based on various festivals from European and Native American traditions giving thanks for a good harvest. These days it's whatever is convenient in one's life, with health, wealth, and companionship being the most common thanks that are given.

As for me specifically, I'm thankful that I've had more good luck in my life than bad. ;)

@Narue, if that be the case, why have you decided to be a bad cop? You should be a good one.....lol:)

@Narue, if that be the case, why have you decided to be a bad cop? You should be a good one.....lol:)

I figure there's enough good karma in helping people that I can afford to be an ass while doing it. ;)

commented: Hahaha, nice one +0

hmmm! thats some logical reasoning

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.