In a blind taste test, judges compared the flavor, consistency, and appearance of ten types of canned beer commonly available in the US. Listed from highest to lowest score achieved, they are:
Coors Light,
Amstel Light,
Bud Light,
Natural Light,
Tecate,
Heineken,
Miller Lite,
Pabst Blue Ribbon,
Miller,
Budweiser.

Source:
http://shopping.yahoo.com/news/canned-beer-taste-test-211637286.html

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

I don't know in other countries, but we have a specific beer beverage in our country, which suits best these events. It's called Timisoreana (after one of our cities)...
In general, I prefer danish and/or czech beer.
I'm intrigued by Budweiser being the last on the list (opposed to the advertising that it makes).

I'm intrigued by Budweiser being the last on the list (

Yes, surprising to me too. Maybe it's because the Bush family doesn't own the company any more. There was a hostile takeover a few years ago (2008). The company hasn't been the same since then.

Member Avatar for diafol

I just can't see the attraction in those lightweights. Heineken is fine, but as for the majority, forget it. I haven't tried Tecate nor Pabst.

Guinness is my favourite, or if not available, Brains Dark. That way, you don't have to eat and interfere with the old drinking.

I just can't see the attraction in those lightweights

Agree. All those taste like water.

Agreed, those american beers are just sparkly water with a bit of yellow colorant.

I'm not a big fan of Heineken either.

Here (QC), we have some local beers that are pretty good, mostly Beligium-style beers.

I'm also a big fan of German and Danish beers.

Member Avatar for diafol

Agreed, those american beers are just sparkly water with a bit of yellow colorant.

Carbonated piss in other words. :)

Carbonated piss in other words. :)

That is how most muslim people think of beer... literally... (as do I)

Member Avatar for diafol

That is how most muslim people think of beer

I think it goes deeper than that, surely?

@Diafol, it depends... But in general it would. If you were those rotten low lives on shahs of sunset than it would be heaven.

Actually, once you get past the beer sold by the big makers, the best beers in the US are made by the many local Microbreweries.

I'm a Corona/Dos Equis guy myself! Who else had the Ravens to win it?!?!?

Actually, once you get past the beer sold by the big makers, the best beers in the US are made by the many local Microbreweries.

Moonshiners...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.