Either for me either i guess after 5 mite be good (gives me the excuse to stay the night then :))

lol, i was thinking how about travelling back from where ever we decide to have it, such as trains and stuff.

darren :cool:

hmm might be good

i will come sounds like a great idea can't wait.

i would be interested?
lan party maybe?

Well, that's 8 of us now which is enough for a decent Chinese meal and a good chinwag perhaps? Somewhere central, Soho/Chinatown district of London being the obvious choice...

I will also have a dig around in my events diary and see what is happening towards the end of November, start of December on the tech front as that might also be something to consider as a meeting point...

Erk.

Looks like this will have to be out back to January, so a New Year DaniWeb meet, as I simply have run out of available time in December.

A couple of things came up, not least a week working in India and a speaking engagement in Prague.

Does this sound like a plan people?

Couldn't afford the trip for a few months although I would be interested in going.

London is probably the easiest to get to for a UK meeting,I assume no-ones too keen to fly over to Limerick or shannon :)

If I do manage to swindle myself over I'll be the one in the bunny suit :)

Sounds good, i would like to meet the guys who contribute so much and have assisted me when ive been having problems! Jan 07 sounds good, anywhere in london is good (except maybe Brixton!!)

Well Jan 7 is pretty certainly a non-starter as it will take a little longer than that to organise.

London is almost certainly the right venue though.

Let's get Xmas out of the way and then organise this thing :)

Feb would be cool or March, I am doing MCTS courses in London so will be there on expenses anyway!

Feb will probably be freezing, rather than cool :)

yes we have fog at the moment so driving and flying is a basd idea

I live in the village of the damned, it's official. We've had freeing fog all week, got to 1 degree C today which was the warmest it has been.

Silly thing is, drive out of the village and the fog clears. Hangs around in patches but is really quite light or non-existant.

Return to the village and it is a real pea-souper.

MuHaHa

Im from mexico so :(

So we could go to a Tequila bar :)

yay! hell yeah! but i hate tequila hahaha i prefer taking some drinks, my throat isnt that good enough for tequila

Worse I have ever drunk was in Prague when I 'went native' and joined in a (excuse the spelling) 'slivovitch' drinking session. Crikey, that stuff burns your stomach lining clean away...

Don't know if it's available around the world, but did anyone try Stroh-Rum? Tried 0,25 l once and got drunk very quickly ( it's 80%....). Cheap night though...

I'd be up for this meet tbh

I'd be up for it, t'would be a laugh.

I live in Sowf Eas' Lund'n.

(Warning for people not from South East London, that is how I talk)

I'm free any date after tomorrow.

I'd be up for it, t'would be a laugh.

I live in Sowf Eas' Lund'n.

(Warning for people not from South East London, that is how I talk)

I'm free any date after tomorrow.

LOLz, i was born in Bow, you should hear how i talk... Lived in Crystal Palace tho!

OK, let's start thinking about dates if we want to get this off the ground and actually happening.

If everyone posts a couple of dates that would be good for them, along with any additional reasoning (computer show, event happening alongside) then we can begin the process of elimination...

Whoops, should have said that for me a good date is any time from the 19th Feb to the end of the month...

If it's going to be in London; I'm flexible.

But, Febuary would be better for me than January: I gotta get a load of work finished this month.

And Febuary would be better than March, because I can't plan that far ahead =P

Feb for me is too short notice, March is good for me, also ties in with my birthday on the 31st.

Sadly I work in a bar at weekends too so I need book the time off with them also, hence the short notice.

Lol just found this post, I'm from Slovakia but living in London, doing my final year at uni :eek:

For happygeek, good on you with slivovica hope it wasn't home made that worster then tequila :twisted:

There is VideoForum 2007 between 6-8 February, Earls Court if anybody interested, but any day should be OK with me

As the summer is coming up thick and fast, which will mean people off on holidays abroad, why not try for a weekend in May? Everywhere should be relatively clear and cheaper than during the peak times. Rather short notice but all depends on peoples budgets.

I would suggest Reading or Oxford. Easy to get to from most areas of the UK and fairly cheap in places to eat/drink/sleep.

I'm up for ideas from folk...

I could suggest a few things, but its more to do with what people want. A meal? Drinking session? Go to a comedy club? Etc.

For drinking there is no better place than Liverpool, which again is easy to get to. Reason being that it is so cheap (£1 a drink), endless clubs/bars and stunning women :) Plus there are comedy clubs, special 'gentlemens clubs' and cheap places to stay.

Oxford is good for a few (expensive) drinks and take in the scenary for a day. Reading is a great place to eat, though bars seem rather far apart except in student areas, though we could be nerdy and visit Microsoft!

Hmmm, I seem more pro-Liverpool now... lets do Liverpool :)

I'd be up for that. My girlfriends been wanting to go to Liverpool forever ( she's an LFC fan ), so she'd enjoy coming aswell.. but maybe not; because nothing bores her more than 'geek-talk' =P

Liverpool's about as far from the south-east that I'd be willing to travel to... I don't drive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.