Her poetry is amazing, no words.
About her I learned only yesterday (on the day of her death), from main Russian TV channel.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee,
One clover, and a bee,
And revery.
The revery alone will do,
If bees are few.

Member Avatar for Warrens80

Are you kidding me her poetry if amazing. I have sing severe songs that were based on her poetry.

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us — don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_Nobody!_Who_are_you%3F

Critique

"I'm Nobody!" is one of Dickinson’s most popular poems, Harold Bloom writes, because it addresses “a universal feeling of being on the outside”. It is a poem about "us against them", it challenges authority (the somebodies), and "seduces the reader into complicity with its writer."[4]

Great poet! Seen some beautiful poems written by her. Now, I know someone who won two poetry awards and let me tell you a secret about what makes a poem good. It is two things really: the feeling it awakens and the imagery it conjures up. If the poet is talking about walking through a meadow at sunrise and you can "see it" in your mind, he or she has done her job. If the poet is talking about the pain of a broken relationship and you suddenly remember someone you dated, loved and lost 5 or 10 years ago, that is one really good poet! It is exactly the same as with prose.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.