If anyone out there is interested in Indian / Pakistani music but wondered what to search for or where to look for it, I would be posting some links.

To start of here is Ek din aayega(a day will come) - by JAL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz-D1R4nUUo

If you like the song just post so I will know when to post more links.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

They have a very good sound. There didn't seem to be anything Indian/Pakistani about the sound other than the lyrics. Sounded like a totally western style to me.

With the normal rock band instruments, yes they have a Western sound, but the main or strong points about Indian / Pakistani bands is their lyrics...

Alas you don't understand the lyrics, otherwise you would have enjoyed the song a lot more since the lyrics form the core in our culture.

Is there a large metal/rock scene in India?

Not currently, but yes there is definately a storm brewing up in India and Pakistan regarding mixing western instruments along with the Indian / Pakistani vocals.

Its actually a good mix, methinks and such a fusion is proving out to be emerging hybrid culture here.

Not to sound rude, but I don't prefer much of either Hindi or Pakistani music. A few of them are good, but I mainly prefer Rock. Stuff like Def Leppard, Scorpions, Dream Theater, Lifehouse et al....

I've always been interested in 'odd' musical fusions, and the use of tradtional Indian instruments within a metal/rock framework rather appeals.

But then I love Einstruzende Neubauten, so I am certainly strange. Went to a concert of theirs once which used a building that was being demolished as the stage - the instruments included putting a sound probe into a concrete block and then 'playing' it by smashing the block with a sledgehammer for example :)

Really enjoyed Chand Sifarish music video -- just shows that love songs is an international language of its own :) Couldn't understand the lyrics but the music was fantastic, loved the mixture of western and eastern harmonies.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Chand Sifarish was in Top Charts. You will listen to such more fantastic hindi songs...just stay tuned.:D

here's another:

Kya Mujhe Pyar Hein from Woh Lamhe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkiFYX8BTJM

i like it. where my aunts live there are lots of asian people and you can buy it in the markets and shops

we have just made a band...plz tel us da way v cn rys...nd da popular rock songs v shud do..plz

Can you now write that in English so that we can all understand it.

This thread is also 5 years old. Should start your own thread.

we have just made a band...plz tel us da way v cn rys...nd da popular rock songs v shud do..plz

Wow! This is got to be among the most unintelligible and illiterate posts I have ever seen on DaniWeb.

Wow! This is got to be among the most unintelligible and illiterate posts I have ever seen on DaniWeb.

Welcome to the next Generation :).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.