Tuesday is the 2007 (UK) IT Security Journalist of the Year awards ceremony, and I seem to be up for the gong in 4 out of the 6 categories including the overall title which I was lucky enough to win last year.

I can't see me winning it again, to be honest, but it is free posh nosh in a very nice restaurant in London so I will not be complaining whatever. You never know, I might pick up one of the smaller awards such as 'Best Security News Story' or 'Best Security Feature' which will be nice enough as they come with a £500 ($1000) cash bonus :)

Anyway, being a superstitious soul, wish me luck why dontcha?

arjunsasidharan commented: Good luck :) +3
WolfPack commented: Good Luck. +9

Recommended Answers

All 26 Replies

Best of luck!

wishing you the best of luck!

good luck man hopefully you win :):)

Good luck Davey.. You'l win.. im sure of it :)

Good Luck.

Good Luck! You are sure to win w/ all that publicity surrounding the UK government and immigrant application thing..

Doesn't count, this years awards are based on work published last year and had, in fact, already been judged and decided a couple of months ago.

Still, puts me in good stead for next year, what with breaking both the UK/India visa story and the TomTom SatNav virus ones - and both here on DaniWeb of course. So if I do win for either of them in the 2008 awards, DaniWeb will pick up on the credit, in the press releases etc.

Actually, it might even feature this year as I do not yet known which of my news stories has been shortlisted in the 'security news reporting' category, and a bunch of DaniWeb/Inside Edge ones were in contention...

Best of luck Davey -- both for the ceremony and coping up with the luck handed out by others. ;-)

I hope you win!

You write for a magazine right?

Just a few.

Contributing Editor, PC Pro

Contributor:

PC Plus
MicroScope
Information World Review
PC Authority
Mobile Computer

And online only stuff:

IT Pro
Microsoft.com

I think that's it for current monthly contributions anyway!

I know ull win!! atleast 2 awards :D enshallah ..

Bessssssssssst of luck!

> I think that's it for current monthly contributions anyway!
What about DaniWeb?!

good luck buddy.

> I think that's it for current monthly contributions anyway!
What about DaniWeb?!

haha.. ohhh... someones in trouble..;)

I know i really want to but always have no money :( i feel so guilty - sorry Dani!

> I know i really want to but always have no money :( i feel so guilty - sorry Dani!
You misunderstood Dani's post.

> I know i really want to but always have no money :( i feel so guilty - sorry Dani!
You misunderstood Dani's post.

explain :?:

Dani's post was aimed at Davey not mentioning the name of Daniweb in his list. James thought that 'currently monthly contributions' referred to 'donating' to Daniweb while it actually meant 'contributions as a writer'.

Good luck! though i may be abit late, and i don't believe in luck :)

Good luck Davey!
We know you're the best!

Well I didn't retain the UK IT Security of the Year title, that very deservedly went to Paul Marks from The New Scientist.

However, I did win the Best IT Security Feature award for the second year running, so I am happy enough.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes...

commented: Well done :) +3
commented: Congrats +2
commented: (F) congrats .. +4
commented: :) +18

Well done Davey!

Well deserved!

Well done man!

Great Job! That dude Paul is a loser anyways ;) lol

Congratulations! Shame you didn't win but hey, bring on next year ;)

Nice one!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.