Some people have greatness thrust upon them, very few have excellence thrust upon them.

jingda commented: Well said +0

Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.
- Marilyn Monroe

“Life's like a play; it's not the length but the excellence of the acting that matters”
- Seneca (Roman philosopher, mid-1st century AD)

I believe in moderation in everything. Including moderation.

The price of excellence is discipline; the cost of mediocrity is disappointment. What you are doing today, it will count to you tomorrow."
by Sizeni Simelane --- South Africa

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."

" Yo can't fool the mirror - what you see is what you are " - Malcom Forbes

Good place to start is from beginning (Wizard of Oz)

commented: Cool, you change your username. +0

Don't deceive others, for it is deceiving yourself and escaping from the truth.

"Good thoughts bear good fruit,
bad thoughts bear bad fruit --
a man is his own gardner."
James Allen

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
This famous quote really belongs in the string "You know you're old when---"
I remember as a child (in the 1940's) listening to this opening line to the radio series "The Shaddow". This was The Shadddow's famous quote opening the stories of the man who who could make himself insvisible and solve all sorts of crimes thanks to his unique ability.

"Gentleness is not a lack of strength but a great power that doesn't force or disturb"

My friend is one... who take me for what I am.
- Henry david.

Neighbours are more important than far relatives as they are near you when the need comes. - Traditional

"The bureaucracy must grow to meet the needs of the growing bureaucracy"

No idea who came with it originally, since jwenting did not credit anyone in his signature.

There is more that the eyes can read in that thought.

Spam, eggs and bacon - Jwenting :)

"If you greatly desire something, have the guts to stake everything on obtaining it."
- Brendan Francis

A life spent making mistakes is not only more
honorable but more useful than a life
spent doing nothing.

-- George Bernard Shaw

"If you greatly desire something, have the guts to stake everything on obtaining it."

The way I understand this quote, it goes directly against the tenth commandment, not to covet.

Which brings me to disagree with the next posting by GBS---If one does nothing and thereby avoids the mistake of covetting, his life is definitely more honorable!!

" If you never fall, you won't know how to pick yourself up. Be glad that things aren't worse, grateful for healing, and thankful for the friends who lent a hand."
by Lawal Olanrewaju Kazzym --- Nigeria

My father like this quote but he forget the name of the person who quoted this

" The conventional definition of management is getting work done through people, but real management is developing people through work. "

My father like this quote but he forget the name of the person who quoted this

" The conventional definition of management is getting work done through people, but real management is developing people through work. "

The Quote is from
Agha Hasan Abedi

It is not enough to help the feeble up, but to support him after.
- Shakespeare

Only thing I can not tolerate is intolerance - me as teenager

Now later in my life I must add one thing:

Only thing I can not tolerate is intolerance and evil.

“Pain makes man think. Thought makes man wise. Wisdom makes life endurable.”
--John Patrick

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
- Henry David.

Time wounds all heals.

"A moment's insight is sometimes worth a lifetime's experience."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

" A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. " ~~
Ayn Rand

commented: well said Jingda +0

"We can learn nothing except by going from the known to the unknown."
- Claude Bernard

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.