Hi,
I have tried to view my private messages (pm's) and although at the top of the screen it says I have 42 messages I can only view 2 messages. The first message and the last I can view. Could somebody fix this as I like to occasionally read my pm's.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Not yet. Still only the two pm's with number 43 in to top right corner.

I think that 43 is wrong and you really do only have 2 pms.

I'm sure I have more than 2 pm's because a few days ago I had 92 pm's then I exported 50 to a text file and deleted the 50 pm's using the same selection as the selection that I exported. Then a after deleting those pm's I could browse the 42 pm's and now the others have like disappeared even though the number is still there with a orange bar going half way towards my limit. So I am sure that the 43 pm's are meant to be there but are hiding somewhere where I cannot retrieve them. (check my pm limit if your not sure). I wish there was a way to save all of those pm's saying thanks etc but now they have disappeared and looks like in future I will need to save them on a monthly basis. So please check my account limit and/or even try logging into my account to see what is happening.

I hope that Bugs! isn't going to be some new title trend here.

I will look into it, I promise. Just a tad busy right at this moment. We had a lot of server issues today so a lot of things are out of whack so I'm trying to fix them one at a time.

@cwarn23 are you sure you do not have any messages in Sent Items?
Whenever you send personal message if check box bellow post editing area is left checked you get copy stored in your Sent Items.

commented: Great information! +0

@cwarn23 are you sure you do not have any messages in Sent Items?
Whenever you send personal message if check box bellow post editing area is left checked you get copy stored in your Sent Items.

THANKS! That's where they are hidden. Before they used to be in the one folder (inbox I think) but something must have changed during the upgrade to move all the messages to the sent box because even messages that I didn't send are in my sent box. Thanks for that info as now they are no-longer lost.
I will leave this thread open in case anyone else wants a topic called "Bugs!" as there has been so many of them.

Mine is wrong too. Has been for months. Doesnt matter to me though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.