It ended up being really simple!

However, I did make one change. The flood protection is based off of reputation power as opposed to whether a comment is left or not. Therefore, if you leave a comment in the Community Center where rep power doesn't count, it doesn't count as your one strike in the 24 hours.

I am adding code in post, and clicking on reply button. Codes are not highlighted.
I thought i don't know how to use code tag but when i refreshed page it shows highlighting.
Sorry if this post is repeated question.
Also sometimes i need to delete last post.. Will it be posible in new edition?

That page loaded instantaneously for me, Tony.

Wow... Let me start by saying I love the new look. And I'm sure once it's all smoothed out it'll work great too :D

That being said...
1) I keep getting logged out every couple of minutes and I don't think it's my browser as I have zero issue with staying logged into any other site I'm on, my cookies are active, etc etc etc (insert list of common website connectivity reasons here).
2) I would have liked to have kept my "Practically a Posting Shark" title but when I went to modify something else found that my old (read: provided by DaniWeb prior to the change) title was longer than 20 characters.
3) I kinda liked/had grown attached to my old avatar but I'm guessing as it was stock from the old bb it had to go /pout

Edit:If it helps I'm using Firefox 11.0 btw and am on Win7 64 bit on a PC whose specs I'll leave out of it as they have nothing to do with this issue (and have been known to make my friends a bit green with envy)

Hi,

I'll increase the limit for user titles. You're the first person comlaining of being logged out though, I'm afraid. I haven't had that issue at all. :(

I also have the logout issue.

Hmm ... Are you using the same web browser as Lusiphur? Do you have private browsing enabled? Cookies enabled?

Save Changes button no longer works -- I edited a post of mine but was unable to save the canges. Click the button and nothing happends. Using Chrome on Win7

Using Safai and didn't have the issue before upgrade. I'll check the settings when I get home anyway.

Save Changes works with IE9 but ont on Chrome

I use Chrome and it works for me. Try clearing your cookies maybe?

<Edit: Test in chrome for Win 7>

Logout issue seems resolved for me (I didn't do anything on my end it just stopped logging me out as of some time after I went to bed last night).

testing

[edittesting again

[edit again] Good! cleaned the cookes and browsing history.

I got a private message notification to day by email. When I clicked on it, I was taken to the "Reputation and Posts" page instead of the private message page, and all of the stats on the R&P page were set to zero.

I see other things are getting corrected. Thread summaries are now popping up when I hover over the thread title, etc. Really nice work on the rewrite. Me like.

Huh?? What reputation and posts page?!

For whomever it was who wanted permalinks (I forget), the timestamps for each post are now permalinks, Twitter-style ;)

commented: Neat, but need to be soon documented to be found. +0
commented: nice. +0

Forward me a copy of the email :) dani [at] dani web mail dot com

Member Avatar for diafol

For whomever it was who wanted permalinks (I forget), the timestamps for each post are now permalinks, Twitter-style ;)

I was amongst those that wanted permalinks. Great!

Member Avatar for diafol

Some weirdness with permalink - tried my prevous post and got javascript output to screen. Probably because I hadn't refreshed the page after posting? It works now though. Ajax glitch?

EDIT

Same happened again with this post, got this before refresh:

{"editor":"<div id=\"quick-reply\">\r\n\t<form action=\"http:\/\/www.daniweb.com\/community-center\/daniweb-community-feedback\/threads\/418438\/bugs\" method=\"post\" accept-charset=\"utf-8\" id=\"reply-form\" class=\"user-input\"><div style=\"display:none\">\n<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"csrf_token\" value=\"68f8207e73d07aa2c7b39f7a91e00969\" \/>\n<\/div>\t\t\t\tPost:\r\n\t\t\r\n<div class=\"small right\"><a href=\"\/community\/syntax\" target=\"_blank\">Formatting Help<\/a><\/div>\r\n<div id=\"danie2638db0b28edc21779619c596352003\" class=\"editor-container\">\r\n\t\t<div class=\"wysiwyg\">\r\n\t\t<a class=\"bold\">Bold<\/a>\r\n\t\t<a class=\"italic\">Italic<\/a>\r\n\t\t<a class=\"code\">Code<\/a>\r\n\t\t<a class=\"inline-code\">Inline Code<\/a>\r\n\t\t<a class=\"link\">Link<\/a>\r\n\t\t<a class=\"quote\">Quote<\/a>\r\n\t\t<a class=\"heading\">Heading<\/a>\r\n\t\t<a class=\"sub-heading\">Sub-Heading<\/a>\r\n\t\t<a class=\"numbered-list\"># List<\/a>\r\n\t\t<a class=\"bulleted-list\">&bull; List<\/a>\r\n\t\t<a class=\"image\">Files<\/a>\t\t<a class=\"undo\">Undo<\/a>\r\n\t\t<a class=\"redo\">Redo<\/a>\r\n\t<\/div>\r\n\t\t<textarea rows=\"10\" cols=\"80\" class=\"editor\" name=\"message\"><\/textarea>\r\n\t<div class=\"show-preview\"><\/div>\r\n\t<div class=\"clear\"><\/div>\r\n<\/div>\r\n\r\n<script type=\"text\/javascript\">\r\n<!--\r\nvar myEditordanie2638db0b28edc21779619c596352003 = CodeMirror.fromTextArea($('#danie2638db0b28edc21779619c596352003').find('textarea').get(0),\r\n\t{\r\n\t\tmode: 'markdown',\r\n\t\tlineWrapping: true,\r\n\t\ttabSize: 4,\r\n\t\tindentUnit: 4,\r\n\t\tmatchBrackets: true,\r\n\t}\r\n);\r\n\/\/-->\r\n<\/script>\r\n\t\t<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"referer\" value=\"articles\/js_reply\/418438\" \/>\r\n\t\t<input type=\"submit\" name=\"reply\" value=\"Reply to this Article (Alt+S)\" accesskey=\"S\" \/>\r\n\t<\/form>\r\n\t\t\r\n\t\t\t<form action=\"http:\/\/www.daniweb.com\/posts\/js_upload_attachments\" method=\"post\" accept-charset=\"utf-8\" id=\"attachment-uploader\" target=\"attachment-iframe\" class=\"user-input\" enctype=\"multipart\/form-data\"><div style=\"display:none\">\n<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"csrf_token\" value=\"68f8207e73d07aa2c7b39f7a91e00969\" \/>\n<\/div>\t\t<fieldset>\r\n\t\t\t<legend>Upload Attachments<\/legend>\r\n\t\t\t<p>Files will automatically be attached to the post upon upload. Optionally, you can embed uploaded images within your post.<\/p>\r\n\t\t\t<div id=\"attachments\">\r\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<input type=\"file\" name=\"attachment1\" size=\"20\" \/>\r\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<input type=\"file\" name=\"attachment2\" size=\"20\" \/>\r\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<input type=\"file\" name=\"attachment3\" size=\"20\" \/>\r\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<input type=\"file\" name=\"attachment4\" size=\"20\" \/>\r\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<input type=\"file\" name=\"attachment5\" size=\"20\" \/>\r\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<\/div>\r\n\t\t<\/fieldset>\t\r\n\t\t<\/form>\r\n\t\t<iframe name=\"attachment-iframe\" style=\"display:none\"><\/iframe>\r\n\t\t\t\r\n<\/div>\r\n\r\n<script type=\"text\/javascript\">\r\n$('iframe[name=\"attachment-iframe\"]').load(inject_attachments);\r\n<\/script>"}

RE: my last post. It's not you, it's me. I know it's the standard breakup line but in this case it applies here. No problem on your end for this one.

Some weirdness with permalink - tried my prevous post and got javascript output to screen. Probably because I hadn't refreshed the page after posting?

That's why ... you need to refresh. The permalink is just spitting out the current URL, and in the case of AJAX, it doesn't know the current URL so it's spitting out the JSON that the AJAX returned.

Member Avatar for diafol

Fair one. As long as it's expected result not a bug. :)

Well it's a bug in the sense of it's not exactly the most user-friendly of things to be happening. But I know about it, and know why it's doing what it's doing, and will get to it in fair time.

Member Avatar for diafol

OK.

Just wanted to give you a heads up on HTC. The bare bones editor is working fine now and it posts on reply click. However, the upvote seems a little erratic. When I press the upvote link the vote/comment box appears for a second then rolls up again, so I'm unable to leave a comment. Again, I realise this isn't a big deal, as the vast majority of posts aren't through mobile.

OK I'll look into it on my iPad. That's the best I can do.

This thread is getting sooooo big that I don't know if this question has already been asked. Are you going to implement in our profiles sort order of threads, such as from oldest to newest or vice versa?

there was an option in our profile to sort theads either in ascending or descending order by date posted. Over on PFO its called "Thread display Mode", found in the Edit Options menu.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.