this is how the enter key is operating if i dont use the mouse to cut my text lines..
the cursor is still sitting at the top sentence
the cursor is still sitting at the top sentenc
the cursor is still sitting at the top senten
the cursor is still sitting at the top sente
the cursor is still sitting at the top sent
the cursor is still sitting at the top sen
the cursor is still sitting at the top se
the cursor is still sitting at the top s
the cursor is still sitting at the top
the cursor is still sitting at the top
the cursor is still sitting at the to
the cursor is still sitting at the t
the cursor is still sitting at the
the cursor is still sitting at the
the cursor is still sitting at th
the cursor is still sitting at t
the cursor is still sitting at
the cursor is still sitting at
the cursor is still sitting a
the cursor is still sitting
the cursor is still sitting
the cursor is still sittin
the cursor is still sitti
the cursor is still sitt
the cursor is still sit
the cursor is still si
the cursor is still s
the cursor is still
the cursor is still
the cursor is stil
the cursor is sti
the cursor is st
the cursor is s
the cursor is
the cursor is
the cursor i
the cursor
the cursor
the curso
the curs
the cur
the cu
the c
the
the
th
t

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Huh?? I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

lol, the above message is the result of using my enter key ONLY to create a new line. what happens is that while my cursor is still on the end of a line- if i use my enter key to start a new line, the cursor will stay on the top line but when typing the new line- the cursor will not move off of the original line- it will type a new line but as you can see in the post that while it is typing my new line it is duplicating the type all the way down the page! ackkkkkkkkk! i really wish you had some way of coming into my system and watch/try this- so that you can better understand. sigh IF it was just happening on my system- then i might have something to say about why- but it is happening on every system i try it on- and it is only like this here, at dani. not in my word or notepad or at any other site....STRANGE!

cscgal, if you have teamviewer and about 5 minutes of time- i can SHOW you what is happening :)

Unfortunately, I don't have either. I just changed something though. Please clear your browser cache (not your cookies, but your cache / temporary internet files) and tell me if the problem has been fixed?

commented: thank you for fixing this issue with/for me :) +0

okay will try that and let you know :)

aha
it is working perfectly now! :) thank you so VERY much! lol i was pulling my hair out!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.