Sorry for my absense. I've been sick since late March. What started as a bad cold turned into bronchitis, and is on its way to walking pneumonia. :(

I'm on a cocktail of so many different cough syrups I'm awake maybe 4 hours a day.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Get well soon. That bug ran around here last month and caught a bit of it too. Longer time to recover it seems.

Take care Dani!

I got the chest thing last winter and for the first time in years I managed to fight it off before it turned into bronchitis. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Thanks!!

Get well soon Dani.
If it can be of any help, I take 15 pills every day, for the rest of my life.

I can symathise Dani. Taking myself off of morphine and gabapentin at the moment (which I've been on for the last year) and it's not much fun being on them or coming off them...

Hope things pick up for you soon!

Member Avatar for diafol

GwS Dani x

So, what happened earlier today with the forums? There was no response until just a bit ago. It looked like your ISP or other service provider was totally down. Anyway, glad you are back.

There was a problem with the filesystem. Some type of error reading portions of it ... you'll have to ask James for the details.

Are we feeling better yet?

Still have a super bad cough, and tons of cough syrup that is making me super drowsy all the time. Aside from the cough and being very phlegmy, I'm fine. It's really the meds that are wearing me out!

If you want something relaxing while you recupe then check out Keeping up with the Kattarshians. You can pick a camera. Much more entertaining when everyone is awake.

Cats are cool. I like watching 'em. There's also a new trend of Live Eagle Cams and they can be fascinating (there are a bunch of em, so I won't link to one: google "Live Eagle Cam") and addicting. I watched one for six hours straight and I wasn't even sick and I didn't regret the wasted time because it wasn't wasted.

Caution: It's nature in the wild and nature can be cruel or at least cavalier, including eagle siblings stealing food from each other and trying to knock each other out of the nest in a fratricidal attempt to get more food and attention. I've known people who showed it to their kids and regretted it.

There's a cool Pier 39 Sea-Lion-Cam too. Above guidance applies there too. They can be mean to each other and other animals

https://www.pier39.com/the-sea-lion-story/sea-lion-webcam/

I have yet to see an eagle cam that made me go "daw". Fortunately this site is in Iceland or I'd be adopting a lot more kitties.

All OK Dani? Are you feeling any better?

YES! Today is the second day without codeine cough syrup and so far, so good. Just a few bad coughs throughout the day but pretty good for the most part.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.