Oh, so you the filter is because of the Featured Editorial section?! I had no idea.

OK, the filter is fixed now.

• It now only shows a maximum of two items instead of six
  • It previously showed editorial content created over the past year in forum listings, and over the past month only in tag listings, and now it shows only over the past month in both situations
  • It now hides editorial content that you have already seen
commented: Have to write thank you for the intense efforts here. +0

This is difficult because even though the experience has been improved (thanks) it's not massively intuitive.

For example, if I'm browsing around looking for an interesting thread to read/contribute to, I see this:

Screenshot_from_2020-07-10_12-48-32.png

Awesome, there was a post 4 hours ago! Clicks link

Screenshot_from_2020-07-10_12-48-44.png

3 days, 5 days, 9 years, 11 months... where's the recent one? It took me a while to realise that the listing was filtered because there's no indication that it would be.

I can see what you mean about it being inconsistent behavior. Note that anytime you click on a forum link, from any page of the site, you always end up on the "homepage" for that forum, which is filtered by recommended by default. If it did remember individual forum filter selections via a cookie, you would end up at different filters for each forum, seemingly randomly, possibly without remembering when you set them, and it potentially could create an even more inconsistent experience for the end-user. Let me think about this some more and what could be done to improve user experience all around.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.