lbechtum 0 Newbie Poster

I generally do not participate in discussion groups, my life is just too busy but I noticed a post that I thought I could help with so as a teacher I could not resist.

I have been active in content managment since 1997 and in site creation since 2001. I am an instructor at Western Technical College in La Crosse, WI where I teach Microsoft Office classes and a class in web site creation and Expression Web. I have 3 small businesses that keep me busy days.

Unlike many of you, I am a believer in web software. And curse of all curses, am comfortable with Microsoft products. I create at least a dozen new sites a year for small businesses and with all of my other acitiviities do not have either the time or the desire to write all of the code anymore.

I write HTML and XHTML, which is admittedly not much of an accomplishment in todays web world. Today I use the ability to define where I want to insert code created by script editiors rather than as a production tool. I have dabbled in Javascript and ASP but would rather let software take care of it for me.

I am not sure I fit with a tech forum. I thiink my contribution might be to be supportive of those trying to learn or seeking an approach that does not require them to be coding experts. I am offended by some of the responses I have seen in other forums. When someone seeks help on an issue it should not be an invitation to rip on them for using a feature that is unpopular or anitiquated. Hopefully those that participate in this forum will be above such abuses.