Just wanted to say Hi to all membrer of daniweb(dot)com! Im new here! I know i will enjoy being part of this community site!

Regards to all,
Care Worldwide smo

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Welcome to DaniWeb.

Seeing as the IP from which both are posting is exactly the same I would suggest there is a connection, yes.

While Daniweb has no rules against creating multiple accounts, this pattern strongly suggests spammer behavior. We're watching these folks closely.

While Daniweb has no rules against creating multiple accounts...

I'm sure you all have considered it... but what would be the reason for anyone to have multiple accounts? I see where the admin team would use multiple accounts for testing purposes... I think its safe to say that this is probably the same person, so I guess that's why you are closely watching it...fun. I would tend to think that people have better things to do than create multiple accounts and post the same nonsense over and over....

but what would be the reason for anyone to have multiple accounts?

Well, from a technical standpoint I have my main account and a mortal user account for testing purposes. But it's obvious and not intended to be hidden: deceptikon_test. That way my admin permissions won't get in the way when testing a feature or bug.

But I'm sure that's not what you were asking. Why would someone have multiple accounts and actually use them independently, or even attempt to hide that they're powered by the same person? Three reasons come to mind immediately:

1. Nefarious purposes such as spamming, flooding, ban evasion, etc...
  2. Ego preservation. Someone with a high reputation in the community may feel a lot of pressure to perform when posting, and an alias can alleviate that.
  3. Persona games. Let's say you're known for being nice, but sometimes want to let loose without affecting your reputation. An alias is handy for when you want to act out of character.

While Daniweb has no rules against creating multiple accounts

So, it sounds to me like it would make sense based upon the reasons you mentioned to add this (not allowing multiple accounts) to the list of rules for this site...

Either way, its fine by me of course...I really dont know why I was particulary interested in this as a concern...just decided to provide my two cents worth even though no one asked for it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.