We're a digital marketing company from the UK, who have a wide base of clientele, staring with locksmiths. We have found that blog writing and SMM are the way to go. How about you?

Hi there and welcoem to DaniWeb!! I've found that low quality blog articles can actually hurt SEO because Google can tell when it's fluff pieces designed just to build content and help SEO.

I think it can be tricky. I don't personally have any experience doing SEO for small brick-and-mortar businesses. I can imagine that local SEO is very tricky, because you don't really need more than a splash page that explains what services you provide and your location and phone number, and yet that isn't enough content to make Google like you.

I think the best thing you could really do, in your situation, is to do customer outreach. Get customers to post online reviews, to post about you on their own social, etc. Perhaps contests for one random customer each month receives a free padlock for their yard, or something like that, in exchange for promoting you on their social.

Good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.