Hey, is there any way to identify if someone has fake followers

Recommended Answers

So many possible highly sarcastic answers that my head may explode. The easiest answer is the number of fake followers is proportional to your political or financial advantage in having followers.

Or, if your name is Trump, you can just lie about it.

Jump to Post

Huh. You'd think if it was that easy to remove fake followers that Twitter would do it automatically. Or am I just being naive?

Jump to Post

All 7 Replies

So many possible highly sarcastic answers that my head may explode. The easiest answer is the number of fake followers is proportional to your political or financial advantage in having followers.

Or, if your name is Trump, you can just lie about it.

Use FollowerAudit, if you want to identify fake followers from your or any other public Twitter account, this tool will identify and list down all the fake accounts from the user's profile providing you with the most accurate results.

This is the easiest and best way to identify fake followers on Twitter.

commented: Can you back that up with research, facts? -3

Huh. You'd think if it was that easy to remove fake followers that Twitter would do it automatically. Or am I just being naive?

commented: It appears fake leaders can be removed! 🦆 +0

Identifying fake Twitter followers is definitely a real and potentially important thing.

There are quite a handful of companies that do it. FollowerAudit, Twitter Audit, etc.

"This just in...."

It appears this was a spam laden question on another forum. The question has been struck down and is no more. In that case they were insincere in their request.

Here I want to see some facts. Give me the study results.

Here I want to see some facts. Give me the study results.

What facts? What study results? This is a very simple question. It doesn't need any deep analyzing or referencing.

Fake twitter followers is a thing. There are numerous reasons why people may wish to know how many real followers they have. There are a plethora of legit sites that provide this service at all different price points and with all different features. One such company I can think of, Hootsuite, has over 1500 employees and has received over $200 million in funding from some very big industry names. Another company is SparkToro. They also have millions in funding. There are so many of them, and they each offer slightly different products and services at different price points, however the similarity they all have is that a fake followers audit is a part of their offering.

Spammers do not spare any space, just get through the comments, and bio details, you will definitly find some giberish stuff.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.