Hi everyone,

I'm Adrian and I'm passionate about building a coding platform for codenewbies.

My platform is: https://codeguppy.com

My youtube channel: https://youtube.com/CodingAdventures

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

HI Adrian, welcome to DaniWeb!!

I can really appreciate that you are creating a coding platform for kids. I taught myself programming when I was 4 years old and have been going at it ever since. However, may I make a suggestion?

When I first go to your website, I see all these colorful images for different tutorials. It makes me feel like your site is about edutainment ... education through games. I click on one, for example, to recreate the Breakout game, because I am attracted to the little purple robot fella who looks like he's going to teach me how to make a game. However, once I click into the tutorial, itself, it goes from feeling like something fun to do to something that looks like a high school textbook.

I can appreciate that you're trying to make the tutorials teach fun things such as drawing little houses and playing games. But I really wish that there was a guide, or a mascot, or something cute (like Clippy from old Microsoft Word) ...

the-infamous-Clippy-the-paperclip-agent-one-of-Microsofts-Office-assistants.png

... who could be my animated guide through the process, and make following the tutorial itself fun. Maybe with a cute animation every time I code something right, to encourage me to want to code my way through the tutorial, to see what the next thing he does will be.

You know what, Adrian ... I was looking at some of your Youtube videos, and I think I'm confused who your target audience is. The fun, childish background and the name "guppy" in the title make me feel as if your target demographic are teaching code to elementary school students (ages. 5-10).

But the content of your tutorials, along with your teaching style, is more appropriate for high school students (ages 14-18), who might find being called guppies and the cutesy backgrounds a little too patronizing as teenagers.

Hello Adrian!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.