My second HDD is 200 Gigabytes (GB). and this HDD has 3 drives but one of the three drives is showing a local disk and can not be useable. why it happened and how can I get rid of it? other drives are working properly. I am using windows 10, 64-bit. Ram 4 GB and processor 2.7 GHZ. Whenever I run pc it shows scanning and repairing drive(H)...after that my pc runs well and all drive works properly except drive H

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Can you please post a screencap of the disk manager showing the problem drive? If you don't mind losing what's on the partition (I am assuming when you say three drives you mean three partitions), you could always use disk manager to delete the problem partition and then recreate it or expand the adjacent partition to use the new space.

In some cases where disk manager does not work you can use either DISKPART.EXE in an admin command shell, or the free version of easeus partition manager.

commented: ok thanks a lot! Whenever i install easeus it says administration permission.in this case how can i resolve this? +0

Run EaseUS as administrator. In Windows 11, right-click the app and select "Run as Administrator: from the popup. In Windows 10, press WinKey and start typing EaseUS. You can then select run as administrator from the menu.

commented: Yes, i used EaseUS and it helped me solve my problem. thanks +0

Step 1: Check Drive Connection

Ensure that the HDD's cables are properly connected to your motherboard and power supply.
Step 2: Check Disk Management

Right-click on the Windows Start button and select "Disk Management."
Look for the drive that is labeled as a local disk and is not usable.
If the drive appears there, it might need to be initialized or assigned a drive letter.
Step 3: Initialize the Drive (if needed)

In Disk Management, you might see a message asking to initialize the disk. If so, follow the prompts to initialize it.
Choose the appropriate partition style (usually MBR or GPT) based on your needs.
Step 4: Assign a Drive Letter (if needed)

Right-click on the drive in Disk Management.
Select "Change Drive Letter and Paths."
Click "Add" and choose a drive letter for the partition.
Click "OK" to save the changes.
Step 5: Check for Errors

Open a Command Prompt with administrative privileges. To do this, search for "cmd" in the Windows search bar, right-click on "Command Prompt," and select "Run as administrator."
In the Command Prompt, type chkdsk H: /f (replace "H" with the appropriate drive letter) and press Enter. This command will check and repair any file system errors on the drive.
Step 6: Reboot Your PC

After performing the above steps, reboot your computer to see if the drive is now accessible and functional.
Step 7: Data Recovery (if necessary)

If none of the above steps work and you have important data on the inaccessible drive, you might consider using data recovery software to retrieve your files before attempting any drastic measures.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, there might be a more complex problem with the drive itself. In that case, it could be beneficial to seek assistance from a professional or a knowledgeable friend who can physically inspect the hardware.

Remember to back up your important data regularly to prevent data loss in case of unexpected issues with your drives.

commented: What part of "it helped me solve my problem" was unclear? -3
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.