i bought a miceosoft zune device 30G, of course it is very nice but its software always needs update and the device doesn't work without its software, so, unfortunally the software will not install to the pc unless your pc is connected to the internet to download the updates even if the device already has the latest update, and takes very long time to download the update even if i have dsl connection. normally when u buy any sw it is downloaded very easily and smooth and then look for updates and if your pc is not connected to the internet the sw still work fine.

is this a problem with the device or this how microsoft develop it?

thanks

is this a problem with the device or this how microsoft develop it?
thanks

Yer, I bought a Zune recently too and had a similar problem. The software does connect speedily after you get over the initial installation nightmare. Also, the software has a massive memory footprint even for the smallest music library ~145MB for Zune.exe ~3.5MB for ZuneLauncher.exe and ~25MB ZuneNss.exe. The only thing that wowed me was the beautiful, big color screen.

I guess it is a problem with how the software was developed. The firmware gets updated regularly, by requiring users to be connected to the internet when doing the initial install, Microsoft hopes to install the latest firmware. Unfortunately, this does not work as seamless as intended.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.