Member Avatar for outthink

I am trying to repair a system for a firend who uses her PC to work from home as a volunteer for a non-profit. She can't afford a new pc or motherboard/cpu so I am trying to find one free or cheap. There was a 1.8 gig chip on the old motherboard. Both were fried due to a power supply problem.

Any help is appreciated.

look on the fornt pannel ..it tells you the model no ..im a pc technician if you give me that info i can see what i got

and second ..if it was due to a bad power supply wouldnt burn out the board im sending you
give me the specs on the power supply as well

Member Avatar for outthink

and second ..if it was due to a bad power supply wouldnt burn out the board im sending you
give me the specs on the power supply as well

Thank you for the reply ZXOR 1. This happened in January. My friend decided to donate the computer to the Goodwill PC store for parts. We cobbled an one together (from dinosaur parts) for her until she can afford a new one. My husband, son and I do PC repairs for elderly or disabled individuals or non-profits at no charge. It seems we are always looking for an odd spare part.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.