Does anyone have or know where I can get a new motherboard for the Aspire T160, the motherboard has no markings on it to even say who manufactured it so I have not had any luck at finding one, the closest I have been able to come to it is the Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS but it is not exactly the same but very very close.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i wouldn't try to buy a direct replacement... my recent experience with acer products has been poor. i would start looking at ASUS or ABIT reference boards, they're both inexpensive and reliable.

i wouldn't try to buy a direct replacement... my recent experience with acer products has been poor. i would start looking at ASUS or ABIT reference boards, they're both inexpensive and reliable.

Thanks for your information, have found ACER to be very difficult to do business with. They are doing their best to force you to do all your business with them once you purchase a ACER PC. They will never see me with an ACER PC again.

i'm with you there, i bought a desktop from them and two months later microsoft told me that the copy of vista i was using was illegal. i STILL haven't recieved a proper product code from acer.

a home built pc is usually cheaper and more relieble than anything mass manufactured anyways... lesson learned for both of us.

Does anyone have or know where I can get a new motherboard for the Aspire T160, the motherboard has no markings on it to even say who manufactured it so I have not had any luck at finding one, the closest I have been able to come to it is the Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS but it is not exactly the same but very very close.

I ran across your post in a Google search because I'm considering upgrading the motherboard in my own T160.

I found this free software extremely helpful:

http://sisoft-sandra-lite.en.softonic.com/

Download and install that utility. Clicking on the Hardware and then Mainboard options will tell you everything you need to know and more. On my system it says the motherboard was manufactured by Acer itself (who knows?). But it will give you the exact model number, serial number, etc., so that should help.

James

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.