somewhere i read to install joomla i must install it in apache's directory htdocs... but i installed the php5, apache, mysql pack with easyphp... and it doesn't have any htdocs folder... where do i install it then?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I use AppServ. It does't have htdocs but alternative WWW folder. You use www folder as htdocs

I use AppServ. It does't have htdocs but alternative WWW folder. You use www folder as htdocs

Hi

after you put the Joomla folder in the WWW folder what are the next steps you take to complete the Joomla installation?

Sija

Try the Joomla Installation Manual.

The easiest way is to upload the installation zip or tar to your root website folder... usually under www, htdocs or yoururl.com in your FTP program... then simply unpack the files and navigate to your home site http://www.yoursite.com to find the automatic installation. You will need to have a clean database set up on mySQL to refer to during the installation.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.