I am proficient at XHTML and CSS and need to start creating dynamic sites as well as CMS. I need them to be search engine optimized as well. Is there any reason why I should not start using Joomla! I would need to create my own templates most of the time because I do custom work. Is this a bad work flow idea? Can you develop in Joomla! without having the site live?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

u can run joomla in localhost, using AppServ . U can create custom template for joomla but u need to learn it first, there are lot of free joomla templates nowaday u can learn it from there.

Thanks for your reply. I am very concerned with SEO capabilities using Joomla. Can you work with it without using table based layouts? Is it fully optimizable?
Thanks

Ya joomla its table less now, and its already using mod rewrite, so i think its fully optimize. Just give it a try 2bu

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.