Hello everyone !

I've got a issue which i can't seem to find solutions. I have got a website done and I am now changing hosting provider. I have got my FTP details and we have taken a look into my FTP to see if we could transfert the files and the only thing inside are a .bash_logout, .bash_profile and a.bashrc

I am trying to incorporate a moneris pay hosting page but it seems like we can't event access the content in the FTP .

Any ideas what is going on and what i would need to do ?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What is your current domain?
What is your website address?
Are you able to access your file manager at your current website?

Best regards!!

When I log in to the ftp as ftp://playgrounds.ca and log in with my info, i open the ftp through page , view ftp via website, i open it and there is only those three file and nothing else

When I log in to the ftp as ftp://playgrounds.ca and log in with my info, i open the ftp through page , view ftp via website, i open it and there is only those three file and nothing else

Forget about the FTP Server, are you able to get to the File Manager from your domain?
If so, try downloading the data from there, since, some Domains (specially the free ones) wont let you access trough the FTP
Best regards!!

The host is probably designating your /home/user directory as your account's "domain root", as the three files you see there are typically found in a recently-created 500-level user's home directory.

I would find it odd that a Linux/Unix-based Web hosting company would not have an FTP server available to its clients but the services they offer are entirely up to them. Anyway, I would recommend that you contact your hosting provider and ask them what they feel would be the best way to upload your Web content. If not through FTP, they should have a file manager application, as CrazyTrain suggested. This would allow you to upload your content, though it may be only one file at a time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.