0

Hi

I have a website idea but i need some help with coding a database, is there anyone here to help me?

thanks

7
Contributors
10
Replies
11
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by philmetz
0

Hello,
Can u give me a brief introduction about the website. I can be of some help.

Edited by happygeek: fixed formatting

0

Well I am aiming to create something similar in usability to digg, but instead of websites I will have a different content, anyone can help me?

0

Anyone of any assistance? or does anyone know of a sponsor?

0

Hi,

Are you looking for advice on coding the website yourself or do you want someone else to do it for you?

0

For a website like Digg the database is 85% of the work with the graphical usability being most of the remaining 15%.

You could, if you don't mind spending money, go to GetAFreelancer.com y(for example) and post the project on there. Otherwise you're following the advice of ithelp above. You'll need to learn some hefty PHP with a chunk of MySQL. A CMS is not recommended for some content formats because it becomes cumbersome and slow and it's difficult to optimize if you don't know what you are doing.

0

I you want a site like digg you can just download and install the pligg software.
It works just like digg and is open source (free).

http://pligg.com/
Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

0

hmmm ok, i see, but my website is a bit different now, with new ideas, and I am looking for anywho who would be able to help me in development. I currently have one person, but we need some other help.
let me know

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.