Hi

I have a website idea but i need some help with coding a database, is there anyone here to help me?

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hello,
Can u give me a brief introduction about the website. I can be of some help.

Well I am aiming to create something similar in usability to digg, but instead of websites I will have a different content, anyone can help me?

Anyone of any assistance? or does anyone know of a sponsor?

Hi,

Are you looking for advice on coding the website yourself or do you want someone else to do it for you?

For a website like Digg the database is 85% of the work with the graphical usability being most of the remaining 15%.

You could, if you don't mind spending money, go to GetAFreelancer.com y(for example) and post the project on there. Otherwise you're following the advice of ithelp above. You'll need to learn some hefty PHP with a chunk of MySQL. A CMS is not recommended for some content formats because it becomes cumbersome and slow and it's difficult to optimize if you don't know what you are doing.

if u need a web host..PM ME.i own the <URL SNIPPED>website...

I you want a site like digg you can just download and install the pligg software.
It works just like digg and is open source (free).

http://pligg.com/
Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

hmmm ok, i see, but my website is a bit different now, with new ideas, and I am looking for anywho who would be able to help me in development. I currently have one person, but we need some other help.
let me know

It is mainly with linking a webpage with a database

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.