maybe. But remember that many of those illegals are using the voter registration cards of dead people (and their SSNs).
One more reason leftists are opposed to throwing out illegals and closing down the border so they can't get in again.

maybe. But remember that many of those illegals are using the voter registration cards of dead people (and their SSNs).
One more reason leftists are opposed to throwing out illegals and closing down the border so they can't get in again.

Actually most of those illegals vote Republican.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/15/acorn-commits-fraud-in-michigan/

If you read the article, you will notice that the workers are not ACORN employees but paid gatherers. It is unfortunate that when people are paid by the registration, some will try to get a little more. If you also notice in the article, it is stated that none of the dupes or invalid registrations get through. And I stand by my request for some actual numbers. Just saying it happens is only inflammatory.

Dead People Voting

an update at that link

UPDATE: Contrary to the suggestion of some commentators, I made no claim of fraud. It's obvious that dead people are not actually voting (at least, obvious to those of us who reject claims of the paranormal). So, to repeat a finding that dead people are voting simply means that either a) live people are casting fraudulent votes in the name of dead people, or b) live people casting their own votes are wrongly listed as being dead. As some commentators noted, the story swuggests the latter is as, if not much more, likely than the former. Either way, official records show people voted who are supposed to be dead. In any event, I wrote that "some 2,600 dead people may" have voted, but I probably should have said "up to" or "as many as" to be more precise.

and it is also quite possible that someone got an absentee ballot, voted, and died before the election.

JW - I rather think of it as "not accepting unchecked data from rightist news sources"

Don't you believe in resurrection?

The amount of illegal aliens voting is far larger than the amount of dead people voting.

Give me some numbers! Making unsupported statements is not good form in a discussion. This is not a game of gotcha (well, actually it is but we still need some support for our gotchas).

More unsupported Bull Pucky. I grew up in John Birch country, it is amazing how easily you would fit in, JW. Going home from college I would pass the sign "You are entering John Birch country". This being Montana, the sign was full of bullet holes.

Do you mean sabbataging? Moving the voting day to the sabbat or Sabbath.

I still think it doesn't matter whom you vote for. Once in DC they all turn into the same thing.

Heh,heh - I flunked out of French - I knew it named after throwing a wooden shoe into the works - I forgot that the shoe is a sabot.

Actually most of those illegals vote Republican.

they don't. they vote for who promises them mountains of gold, which is leftists, which means "democrats" (self proclaimed).

Don't you believe in resurrection?

The amount of illegal aliens voting is far larger than the amount of dead people voting.

That can't be right or left, there are far more dead people than illegal aliens!

they don't. they vote for who promises them mountains of gold, which is leftists, which means "democrats" (self proclaimed).

The Republicans promise mountains of gold, the Democrats promise high Taxes! Why would illegals vote for the Democrats?

why don't we have a toll-free number where everyone calls in, enters SSN, and votes? Too simple for the jerks to jack us around?

Sure, that's a great idea...
until you actually think about it for more than one second.

commented: Ha Ha +7

Fodder.

[edit]Heh.

When Obama met with ACORN leaders in November, he reminded them of his history with ACORN and his beginnings in Illinois as a Project Vote organizer, a nonprofit focused on voter rights and education. Senator Obama said, "I come out of a grassroots organizing background. That's what I did for three and half years before I went to law school. That's the reason I moved to Chicago was to organize. So this is something that I know personally, the work you do, the importance of it. I've been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work.”

One more:

The extent of Obama’s ties to Acorn has not been recognized. We find some important details in an article in the journal Social Policy entitled, “Case Study: Chicago — The Barack Obama Campaign,” by Toni Foulkes, a Chicago Acorn leader and a member of Acorn’s National Association Board. The odd thing about this article is that Foulkes is forced to protect the technically “non-partisan” status of Acorn’s get-out-the-vote campaigns, even as he does everything in his power to give Acorn credit for helping its favorite son win the critical 2004 primary that secured Obama the Democratic nomination to the U.S. Senate.

Before giving us a tour of Acorn’s pro-Obama but somehow “non-partisan” election activities, Foulks treats us to a brief history of Obama’s ties to Acorn. While most press accounts imply that Obama just happened to be at the sort of public-interest law firm that would take Acorn’s “motor voter” case, Foulkes claims that Acorn specifically sought out Obama’s representation in the motor voter case, remembering Obama from the days when he worked with Talbot. And while many reports speak of Obama’s post-law school role organizing “Project VOTE” in 1992, Foulkes makes it clear that this project was undertaken in direct partnership with Acorn. Foulkes then stresses Obama’s yearly service as a key figure in Acorn’s leadership-training seminars.

At least a few news reports have briefly mentioned Obama’s role in training Acorn’s leaders, but none that I know of have said what Foulkes reports next: that Obama’s long service with Acorn led many members to serve as the volunteer shock troops of Obama’s early political campaigns — his initial 1996 State Senate campaign, and his failed bid for Congress in 2000 (Foulkes confuses the dates of these two campaigns.) With Obama having personally helped train a new cadre of Chicago Acorn leaders, by the time of Obama’s 2004 U.S. Senate campaign, Obama and Acorn were “old friends,” says Foulkes.

The original source, though linked, requires registration.

Heh,heh -- I was not denying the connection, I was denying the reference in the article. Just knowing what ACORN stands for tells you that Obama probably was associated with them (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now,). I understand that some people think that community organizers are talentless, time-wasting hacks but somehow, I think helping low income people stands higher than sucking $230 millions of pork into a suburb of less than 8,000.

<>

Heh,heh -- I was not denying the connection, I was denying the reference in the article. Just knowing what ACORN stands for tells you that Obama probably was associated with them (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now,). I understand that some people think that community organizers are talentless, time-wasting hacks but somehow, I think helping low income people stands higher than sucking $230 millions of pork into a suburb of less than 8,000.

<>

If his associations are as he asserts, dandy. I just wish the public could actually look at Obama's "lost years". Honestly, it would be the best and easiest way to put to rest any rumors and innuendo and crap that's been said against him.

You know JC had quite a few missing years but they wrote a complete bible about him.

<zing>

There seems to be a contingent that would like more facts on that individual as well. But since new items in JC's 'paper trail' is less likely, I'd just prefer to settle for the presidential candidates.

<poke: you're not implying some kind of Obamessiah thing, are you? :icon_razz:>

why don't we have a toll-free number where everyone calls in, enters SSN, and votes? Too simple for the jerks to jack us around?

Insanely easy to commit massive election fraud.
Dial, enter someone elses SSN, vote for your candidate, hang up, repeat until time runs out.
No way to block it either, as you have to account for multiple people using the same phoneline...

Even worse, it's easy to program a talking computer to do this at a very high rate, potentially "voting" for your candidate millions of time before real people can get in a few dozen votes.

Build in voice analysis and you got a perfect system.

Even simple stuff like what's your mother's maiden name could do.

Florida Voter Fraud uncovered:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.