Kragnus 0 Newbie Poster

I'm hoping somebody has some sage wisdom to offer me regarding these two questions. First..

I've been working as desktop support for 6-8 years now, some of that time can be explained in either a "Systems administrator" or "Network engineer/administrator" light as well. I'm looking to break away from the $20-30/hr positions and embark on a journey towards making as much as possible. Personality wise, I'm probably more analytical and withdrawn than I am extroverted and pretentious. I probably could manage people in some manner, at some point, but I don't think I'll ever get there from desktop support to find out (nor would I want to manage people performing the desktop support role). I've been looking into the following career options or paths just based upon very few people's suggestions as to what actually pays. I do have an associate of applied science in CISCO computer networking. I'm three months into a six month "desktop support" contract at a major national hospital, which happens to be making use of the jobs listed below (except SAP). I've always thought that more dough was in consulting/contracting than in full time employment, anyhow...

(Administrator/Developer/Consultant/Analyst, generally these roles are affixed to any title below)

Technical or Functional ERP applications (variety of modules to choose from)

SAS/SQL Programmer

Oracle applications

Oracle database administration

SAP "same as above"

Or some other technology similar to the above

Second question... which position(s) pay the most? It can't be a position in extreme finite supply, it has to exist reasonably often from coast to coast in the USA and/or abroad. $250k/year is really what I'm looking to work towards... desktop support isn't where that's at :)