Is there a Software Developer/Engineer out there willing to do an interview? I am in my first term for a degree in development and this is a course requirement. I don't know any developers personally and would appreciate anyone who is willing to help. Thanks.

Contact info:
[email removed]

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Post the interview questions here and perhaps someone will oblige to answer them.

I've listed the interview questions below. Thank you in advance, for your time and effort.

1. What is your title?
2. What are your responsibilities?
3. What kinds of skills do you need to perform your job?
4. Describe what you do during a typical day.
5. What other jobs have you held that might have helped prepare you for this position?
6. Do you have people who work for you, and what do they do?
7. What is one of the most challenging things about the work you do?
8. What time management tips could you suggest?
9. How do you balance your family, job, work, and leisure time?
10. What advice would you give to someone interested in this career?

1. What is your title?
"Software Engineer"
Anything that has to do with writing code, designing code, fixing code, and figuring out bugs exhibited at customers, that were caused by our code. And some occasional interviewing.
Thinking, mostly. Some typing.
Read code reviews, think about what code to write, and write code. And summarizing the code I wrote.
5. What other jobs have you held that might have helped prepare you for this position?
Other programming jobs.
No.
Tracking side effects in a horribly designed code base.
{}
My job time and work time are well-balanced.
Write as much code as you can and do it in a diversity of programming languages.

1. What is your title?
Edjucation :Software Engineer/ Job Title Senior Technical Advisor
Technical Support for Clients, Testing and Developing our Software product
programming, imagination, patience
Writting answers to clients, manging forum, testing new features, developing applications
Project engineer/developer
No
Ensuring the software product is bug free and keeping customers satisfied.
No matter what you are doing, never give up!!!
Job/work during the week, family/leisure-time weekends, holidays...
It's not a job it's an adventure :) So try as many different things as possible, ALWAYS keep up with the technology, do not be left behind...

Rashakil Fol and robertek,
Thank you so much for responding! I have some really good material to use for my assignment, but most importantly I have some insight on the career that I would like to pursue.

All,
I have a quick question for anyone: What is the best way to "keep up with technology?" What tools do you use and do you find yourself attending some type of training for your job?

Thank you again for all of your help.

Well one of the best ways is just as it is here. Join in on the forums, many people will make new posts about up and coming or new methods of doing things.

Along with that conferences or seminars might help. I'm sure we all are on some Microsoft or tech e-mail list, take a second and read them sometimes.

Frequent the websites for the software you use, .net take a look at msdn, java take a look at the java site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.