Hi Folks,

Do any of you guys know of a good site which gives reviews of Data Recovery software for Macs? Or if any of you guys have used data recovery software for mac and would share your experiences that would be great.

Thanks for looking,

gn0m3

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi,
i recommend Data Rescue II and TechTool Pro. i have used both and they will even access info from disks that cannot mount.

I've tried a number of products and found that FileSalvage by SubRosaSoft does the best job by far. It recovers more files and searches faster. I have issues with deleting files by accident and it's saved me hours of work recovering them. I also used it to recover several hundred picture from a flash card that suddenly showed it was empty while on a trip to Europe. FileSalvage has saved my life a number of times and has become a priceless tool in my Mac arsenal.

It is the general opinion that since Mac does not get infected with virus, so there is a lack of virus removal tools. Therefore, if the information is corrupt, the only option is to clean the disk fully.

The above is not correct and they are tools like "Tech Tool Pro, Rescue, and Disk Warrior", which can do the job.

Given following are some interesting sites:

a) Recover Data for Mac ->
www.applelinks.com/index.php/more/mac_data_recovery_software_released/

b) Kernel Macintosh - Data Recovery Software->
kernel-macintosh-data-recovery-software.nucleus-data-recovery.qarchive.org/

c) CanOpener -> www.abbottsys.com/

d) Boomerang Data Recovery MAC OSX 1.1.1 ->
www.programsdb.com/program/598/46378/Boomerang_Data_Recovery_MAC_OSX.html

e) Best free mac data recovery software ->
www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/mac_data_recovery_software_software/

f) Boomerang Data Recovery ->
http://rbytes.net/software/boomerang-data-recovery-mac-osx-review/

Hope the above shall be of some use to you.

Nice spam post. Why don't you link back to that site a couple more times?

I've tried Doomerang and it recovers far less files then FileSalvage does. It also cost more and doesn't come on a bootable CD. FileSalvage is the best data recovery product for Mac. Second to it is Data Rescue.

Nice spam post. Why don't you link back to that site a couple more times?

I've tried Doomerang and it recovers far less files then FileSalvage does. It also cost more and doesn't come on a bootable CD. FileSalvage is the best data recovery product for Mac. Second to it is Data Rescue.

Dear MacJunkie,
I do not wish to divert from the main crutch of this discussion and am ready to admit my mistake. If I have given wrong information, then I am sorry. But, I do not accept the "spam post" part, as had searched google and came up with these sites which showed up on the very first page of the google search.

Anyway, thanks a lot MacJunkie, for your informative reply.

Had found another link:

The Top Five Mac Hard Drive, Diagnostic, and Repair Utilities-> http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.asp?p=693649&rl=1

Hi Folks,

Do any of you guys know of a good site which gives reviews of Data Recovery software for Macs? Or if any of you guys have used data recovery software for mac and would share your experiences that would be great.

Thanks for looking,

gn0m3

Hey!

Friends

Last week i was lost my important mac data then we use Stellar's Mac Recovery software but i didn't get my data this is realy bad software company. we purchased but i lost my safe data & money so this is BAD BAD Data Recovery company.

last three days before my friend suggest me Recover Data for Mac this is realy best Mac Data Recovery software by Recover Data best Data Recovery Software

Great Data Recovery Tool by Recover Data I was Get Back my all deleted mac data.

Hello All,

Alan here from Prosoft Eng. Data Rescue II can help retrieve your information if:

1) it was deleted from the trash bin

2) drive doesn't mount (assuming disk utility sees it)

3) drive crashed (assuming disk utility sees it)

We also have a demo that you can use before hand to see if the product will work for you. Go to prosofteng.com then under Data Rescue II, there is a free demo button. After scanning you can either purchase it and get a serial number right away to activate the software.

You will need a secondary drive to recover onto. Also PM me if you would like a discount code. Ask me any questions and I'll try my best to answer them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.