Standardization does not produce, although admirable as an efficiency method. - Reginald Fessenden (another alumni of my high school...)

I think visa is based on saying "I went" either in latin or some other romance language... as such Vini Vidi Visa is I came, I saw, I went... also quite a common thing in north america :)

"Visa" as in "Mastercard". Well, I thought it was amusing ;-P

I know, but it loses its touch when you know enough latin to pronounce it properly :(

Even when you know you've had enough, it's hard to say no when someone offers to buy you that fifth beer! - Me

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye" -- H. JAckson Brown Jr.

"God made woman beautiful and foolish; beautiful, that man might love her; and foolish, that she might love him."
-- Lamar Argon

When in doubt, mumble.

You cannot unsay a cruel word.

Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain dance.

When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.

All I require of a religion is that it be tolerant of those who do not agree with it. - Roger Ebert

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Women love us for our defects. If we have enough of them, they will forgive us everything, even our gigantic intellects. - Oscar Wilde

Women with "pasts" interest men because men hope that history will repeat itself.
... Mae West

"Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy."

"You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy." - Erica Jong

I think therefore I am not. Only when the mind is silent, I am. - Unknown

When you become senile, you won't know it.
... Bill Cosby

He that can't endure the bad will not live to see the good. - Yiddish proverb

A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.
~~~ Mark Twain

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
~~~ Mark Twain

“The liar's punishment is, not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else.”
― George Bernard Shaw,

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

We are easily the best when we are among the dumb.

• GlenoiD

"Freedom is not given, it is taken."

-Subhash Chandra Bose

"Patriotism isn't the same as nationalism. The former is a healthy love and respect for your country, but the latter is blind, total, and unrestricted support for any and all legislation, policies, or activities of a nation. Nationalism is the extreme, whereas patriotism is the goal, because good patriots know when to challenge their political leaders, laws, and policies when they become unjust or immoral."

Rev. John Triglio Jr. and Rev. Kenneth Brighenti
"Catholicism for Dummies"

I can't help but be amused by the definition of nationalism since nationalism has been a cause of many civil wars and revolutions. Nationalism is the blind belief that everything outside of one's nation is a detriment to it and must be kept out or made the same as their nation - hence its links to racism, xenophobia, isolationism, expansionism, and obsession with soveignty.

A man in need is a friend indeed.... :-)

"I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to." - J. R. "Bob" Dobbs

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.