"Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved."
-- Victor Hugo

"Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love."
... Albert Einstein

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Being compassion is hard understand
But forgiving someone is hard to let go.

Sometimes one has to go insane just to get the job done.

Hey, hey, hey — don't be mean. We don't have to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai

I was not predicting the future, I was trying to prevent it.

― Ray Bradbury

“The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.”
... Abraham Lincoln

“For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today”
... African Proverb

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." — Leonardo Da Vinci

"Tomorrow is the future, yesterday is the past, and today is present making it a gift."

It is easier to catch a bee with honey than with vinegar

"I always wanted to kick a duck up the arse." -- Karl Pilkington

"I always wanted to kick a duck up the ####." -- Karl Pilkington

Okay then... -_-

Statements mostly serve to close the mind, questions mostly serve to open the mind. --Mark Grime

---> You can get drunk off a bottle, but you can't get a drunk off a bottle. --Heard if from a friend once (so anonymous probably).
---> Today is tomorrow.
--->The pursuit of psychological adjustment runs parallel with one's ability to successfully slam a revolving door --- Josh Finch

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I am a kind of paranoid in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy. - J. D. Salinger

Ones that are hungry are always most successful.

"You only have to do a very few things right in your life, as long as you don't do too many things wrong."
... Warren Buffett

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."
... Earl Wilson

There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them. - Denis Waitley

I don't know how many of you have ever met Dijkstra, but you probably know that arrogance in computer science is measured in nano-Dijkstras. - Alan Kay

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all - Alfred Lord Tennyson

Two from Einstein

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”

"Would you like to continue unprotected?"
~~~ question from my computer

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ― Dr. Seuss

“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

commented: I agree, your other half should be your best friend +0

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" ― Karl Marx

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
=== Dalai Lama

commented: One of my favourites. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.