Hey there everyone. Long time no post... and that's because I just went out and bought The Sims 2 the other day, and I just have to say how much I love it!

I'm not a gamer by any means. The only games I really ever play are simulations ... Simcity, Simcity 4, The Sims with all the expansion packs, and now The Sims 2.

For anyone who is a fan of The Sims, I highly recommend this sequel. You can zoom in unbelievably close, it's entirely 3-dimensional, and there are just so many details!

It's unbelievable how detailed Electronic Arts / Maxis went. When a Sim goes on the computer, you choose the program you want them to use, and you actually see it working on their monitor! Want to chat with your buddies on AIM? You see the lil buddy list and red and blue text on the screen - and it's a new way to chat with your friends to raise relationship levels. You can even meet people in person who you met online!

Read the morning paper in the bathroom ... do the crossword puzzle ... write in a diary ... don't just have breakfast but choose what you want to make, and learn how to cook from your sims! My sim loves nutritional energy drinks, toaster pastries, mac 'n' cheese, and cereal ... unfortunately I can't have the jello desert ;) Unfortunately I keep burning the toaster pastries in the oven ... they come out pretty burned but my sims eats them while she makes yucky faces. Unfortunately after too much mac 'n' cheese my sim kept gaining weight!

When a burglar came to steal from my sim, the police were called, got into a fight with the burglar, and you watched as the burglar was handcuffed and put into the back of the cop car.

I can't even explain how detailed every little thing is. I have only been playing this game for 2 days, but it has to be one of the best games I've ever played. I strongly recommend it!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I also love the sims and simcity ... I played simcity 4... and I played the sims ... but I havnt bought sims 2.... now that you have recommended it ... I'll be going tomorrow to get one copy for me ... I saw the cds ... 4 of them ... a huge game. :)

Well, they also offer a special DVD edition which is all on one disk - plus it has extra special features the CD version doesn't. So if you have a DVD-ROM drive I strongly recommend it!

owww ! I dont have the dvd rom drive. ... I am still addicted to simcity 4. Its hell of a job to keep your city in profit. However the latest reports are that my city treasury has crossed 2000,000 $. How much did you make ???If I send you my city .. will you be able to see that ??

I went and got it! It's soo cool. Thanks for the heads up Dani! ..but now, when am I going to have time for getting any work done?

Yep, TS2 definitely rocks :) Great recommendation! :D

Whoa, cool. The only game I played before was The Sims and RollerCoaster Tycoon. Simulation games are too cool, but the recommendation you gave and the game play, I am going to go get it when I get my paycheck cashed. How much did you pay for it?

I think im gonna have to go out and buy it

I love Sims, too! I got into it 5 years ago, when I met my best friend, Geran.
If you're interested in the Sims 3, please visit my site, http://www.khr1996studios.webs.com for information on it.
Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.