Alba Ra 0 Junior Poster in Training

Height: 5' 8"
Weight: way to much :'(
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

hobbies: listening music (actually addicted), watching movies or TV series, reading, and aside these obvious past-times (and not counting the many hours spent on the computer) I like video editing (which brings me still back to the computer)

fav music: electro industrial, ambient and progressive electronic music (esp. the Berlin school), film scores, industrial metal, viking metal, progressive death metal, psytrance, psybient, progressive trance and progressive house, ... and then even more (ranging from J.S. Bach to The Beach Boys, 80s wave music to intelligent dance music)!

education: majored in philosophy for five years (with minors in psychology, linguistics and English language & culture) before calling it quits (I kept moving from town to town, even changed the country); now training as a software developper in France (hence the DL in this thread's title, DL as developpeur logiciel).

favorite food: anything good (see my remark on Weight, though I'm working to change that)

favorite movies: too many to list, so to name just a very few: The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension, Hellboy, The Thin Man, Le Gendarme de Saint-Tropez, Blade Runner, Gladiator, The Naked Gun...

favorite TV shows: again, there are quite a few, so let's just name those I have bought (or want to buy soon) on DVD: Star Trek Voyager, Babylon 5, The X-Files, Sherlock Holmes (the one with Jeremy Brett, of course), Twin Peaks, The Twilight Zone, Carl Sagan's Cosmos, Lost, and anything about space exploration (whether by traditional astronomy or actually going there).

favorite books: Dan Simmons' Hyperion Cantos, Frank Herbert's Dune, William Gibson's sprawl series, Isaac Asimov's Foundation series, Robert Asprin's Myth series, and (on the highbrow level) books like Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion, anything from Carl Sagan, books on the philosophy of mind, as well as (on the lowbrow side) books on UFOs and related conspiracy theories or on paleocontact and ancient astronaut hypotheses (hey, don't frown, they really fun to read).

dislikes: getting to bed early (if I could I would go to bed in a 30 hour rhythm), correspondingly getting up early, coffee, smoking, people that don't respect others (including nature), people and organisations that think they can tell you what to think or believe and love to tell you what you should do and even more what you shouldn't do, smalltalk (I'm really bad at that), people that are fake...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.