How do I go back and delete a post I made? Hmm, I can see an 'edit' on this post but not on the one i want to edit (i posted it a while ago)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think this board is set up in a way that five minutes after you post you cannot edit your post.

How do I go back and delete a post I made? Hmm, I can see an 'edit' on this post but not on the one i want to edit (i posted it a while ago)

Only Moderators and Admins can delete some posts but rarely do it. It wouldn't look good if everyone would delete their old posts. If you delete some posts here and there, threads would change and possibly good content would disappear. It would also make threads hard to follow if some posts would refer to other post that would not be there anymore.

I think this board is set up in a way that five minutes after you post you cannot edit your post.

It is more like half an hour.

It wouldn't look good if everyone would delete their old posts. If you delete some posts here and there, threads would change and possibly good content would disappear. It would also make threads hard to follow if some posts would refer to other post that would not be there anymore.

Right on all counts, belama. :)

If a member does need a post deleted for some reason, they can PM their request to one of the forum moderators and we'll take care of it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.