Could someone please tell me how to delete this folder? The folder is on the desktop and when I try to delete it, it always give me the error message, "Cannot delete CA8V1BIM.: cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name."
This message comes up even when I try to move the folder or do anything. Please help me delete this folder.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi,

Read here for help. Surely causes 5 or 6.

Well, I don't understand the solution. It's beyond my computer vocab knowledge. Could you please summarize the solution?

Well, I don't understand the solution. It's beyond my computer vocab knowledge. Could you please summarize the solution?

How about a tool for that? read here for details on how to proceed.

However, I would suggest you to check your disk for filesystem errors first.

Wouldn't the case be if your desktop icon is only a shortcut file and the file itself is lost? I've had instances where a file is being used (or accessed) by the program I'm using. I've also had CD RWs that won't allow a rewrite, even Geeksquad couldn't help me determine the problem there!

Bill

Download and run Killbox. Click the folder icon to browse to the file. After you have selected the file, select "Standard File Kill", and click the button with the red circle and white X. If that is unable to remove the file, repeat the process except put a checkmark in the "End Explorer Shell While Killing File" option. If it still can't remove the file, select "Delete on Reboot" and repeat the process. This last option will reboot your system, so make sure you've closed all applications that need to save data first.

After you have removed that file, try to delete the folder. If you have other files that give you that same problem, you will need to repeat the process for those as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.