Hi....
I am last semester student of the Software Engineering.
I need some good Ideas about final year projects....
you are free to post ideas,

AuburnMathTutor commented: I'm also free to take away rep points. +0

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

This forum isn't about getting ideas for projects, despite the myriad threads to that effect. Please enquire elsewhere.

This forum isn't about getting ideas for projects, despite the myriad threads to that effect. Please enquire elsewhere.

isn't there any sofware engineering or computer science students....?

Sure. But all of Daniweb is filled with software and computer students, professionals, and academics. That doesn't make the PHP the right place to ask about an Ubuntu device driver problem, and it doesn't make the Computer Science forum the right place to ask for ideas on a software engineering project.

I think computer science and Software Engineering are sister subjects, they are not very much different, and discussing about ideas are not a bad thing, Knowledge of the humans is for the human, its should be discuss.

I think computer science and Software Engineering are sister subjects

Sure, in the same sense that Physics and Electrical/Mechanical engineering are sister subjects. I'll grant that. In any event I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with you asking software engineering questions here.

they are not very much different

That is subject to interpretation. I believe the jury's still out on this one. Certainly they're more different today than they were 20 years ago. Oh, and you should have a semicolon or a period, not a comma, preceding this.

and discussing about ideas are not a bad thing

'about' is unnecessary, but fundamentally I agree: discussing ideas is not a bad thing. Doing students' homework or projects for them, asking for handouts, asking inappropriate questions in the wrong places... these are things not so safe from ridicule.

Knowledge of the humans is for the human

'the' is unecessary in both places, and change 'human' to 'humans'. Also, it should be a period before this, not a comma. I agree mankind should share knowledge, if that is indeed the intent of the saying.

its should be discuss.

Precede with semicolon or period. 'its' should be 'It'. 'discuss' should be 'discussed'. I agree knowledge should be shared between people. I disagree that you can just ask any question, anywhere.

Your question asks for ideas on a scholastic project. That it is a project dealing with software engineering is irrelevant. Neither computer science nor software engineering address the inventive process associated with deciding what your school project will concern. There are no tools in either of these disciplines to aid in that. Your question should be asked in a context where posters are familiar with this process and possess the correct (instructional, academic, etc.) tools to address the question. This has several benefits. First, you'll get answers instead of my long-winded criticisms. Second, other people who are looking in the right place will be able to find your thread and therefore have access to the same wisdom with which you were provided. Moreover, I question your right to even ask for ideas in the way that you have. You haven't demonstrated that you have given the matter any thought at all; you haven't demonstrated any creativity or interest in the subject. You ask your question using English idioms which are offensive to native speakers of the language.

I don't mean to give the impression that I take any of this personally, but I feel that you - whether through an act of the will or through mere innocent ignorance - have contributed to the uselessness of the CS subforum on Daniweb. That's my charge, and that's why I am asking you to take this question elsewhere. Please feel free to return with pertinent questions. I'll even grant that software engineering questions can go here, since there are no other obviously more pertinent places for them.

So what's an example of a software engineering question? How about...
What is the difference between the spiral process and the waterfall process?
Why is SLOC criticized as a productivity metric?
Are formal methods applicable to my kind of project, and if so how?

Then you should provide your tentative answer, point out what you believe its strengths and weaknesses are, and I guarantee that anybody qualified to answer your question will attempt to do so. That's why we're here. If you're genuinely having trouble getting started, explain your difficulty and we will be happy to try to explain it away.

Hold on boss!

Quite interesting to read your messagessssssssssssssssssss........ you see i put count less ssssssss along with some ............. i hope you understood my point becasue mostly its important to deliver the message. right? i wish you correct this statement too! anyways..... your name depicts you are a maths teacher but, dear i would suggest you to rename it to english grammer teacher with strict rules. One who deducts one mark on each and every error whether its comma or full stop.

No more fight dear! lets take you to the website as a whole becasue it looks like you are quite new in here. might be you are new one on forums!

let me suggest you to visit following links to better clear what people are doing here......... visit following links pretty mind!!!!!........

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum14.html

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread67836.html (see extreme right with opened eyes if you find some threads referring to my point of defence)

these people registered in here are not wasting their time. they are obviously getting something out of it....infect they are searching for ideas in here and are not stupid to do something wrong in common! its quite unusual that majority of people go on wrong path. ...... most often only one or two are on wrong track.. you better realise who else would you realise that he or she is using this website for wrong purposes? majority of users are using it for the same purpose I used it for......
hope you will understand what i was trying to realise you! to make it simple for you.... try to understand who is right and who is wrong!!!!
Sweet memories!

We get at least ten threads a month from idiot students who somehow managed to get the final project without a clue. Perhaps you should read some of those threads instead of adding your own. Or, for a more enlightening experience, try to see things from our perspective. Some goofball student apparently understands so little about the class he's taking that he can't muster even enough creativity to look back at all of the time spent learning and pull something remotely plausible sounding out of his ass. No, he has to ask complete strangers what to do. One wonders how it could be even mildly confusing why those of us in the field weep for the future.

CoderXpert, try to learn something someday, and come back once you do.

you get ten threads a month? o come on dear.. such a slow ratio..... you know what? every day i meet ten thousand idiots a day but i never bother to pay even a single attention to any of them. ..... dont mind dont mind... sounds good? No? lets go ahead.....
if you dont mind Narue answer one question! Did you bring your PHD degree at your birth along with you? I think you did because your message reflects! if you think you are the champion give me one single good idea! challenge to you! open your ass and search for one valuable idea.
People like you actually dont deserve to keep anything through which they may express their feelings because gutter minds always produce smell and I can really feel that smell. ...... Go and take shower!

commented: This isn't going to gain you any help. -2

Narue:
At least it looks like I got to one of them. Can you imagine asking a question, being asked to take it elsewhere, and then getting indignant? Beats me. Perhaps it underlines the greater intellectual bankruptcy of modern days. A brave new world indeed.

commented: bad +0

By the way, CoderXpert... I recall you saying we were free to post ideas. Free indeed.

Math Tutor.... i learnt one thing........i would love to share with you......
read it carefully please.

A well known scholar of History once said '" I have learnt wisdom from idiots"".
In short I am learning from you!
Today I learnt one more thing from your posts " whether we take this world to the last planet, we will never ever be able to change "intoxicated and paralysed personalities with sick minds"
Well, show me your worth! comeon! show me your worth............ how many research papers you have published little boy! lets talk on research basis! your next answer would determine your caliber in all aspects! lets see!
take an exam!

You really are cute.

First off, I concur that every man is my master in some respect. I should endeavor to learn as much from him as I can, about that subject. So far the only thing you seem to excel me in is trolling tech forums, and I'm not particularly curious about that today.

Next, it would be silly to get into a contest with you. You have no reason to believe me when I say I have published twice with another on the way, and I wouldn't believe anything you told me. In any event, number of papers is a poor measure of a man's intellect.

If we take this exchange at face value, Narue and I are the masters, you are the pupil, and it is you who is the idiot. In anonymous Internet forums, face value is just about all you have. I suggest you stop making a fool of yourself and wasting everybody's time.

I would sum up dear!

to be a master doesn't mean to be perfect......I would suggest you do masters in ethics!

Your insults would be more effective if you took the time to learn English properly.

you felt it, its more than enough for me! At-least you felt it. seems disgusting for someone how know he is being insulted, even than he keep defending himself!
English is not important for me!

Your words would be more effective if you learn etiquettes!

your parents would really be ashamed of you! really! ask them some other day!

you felt it, its more than enough for me! At-least you felt it. seems disgusting for someone how know he is being insulted, even than he keep defending himself!
English is not important for me!

Every second I keep you arguing with me is one less second you can spend asking other people to do your work for you, for you to cheat your classmates out of their time and for you to break your teacher's trust that you are at school to learn.

Your words would be more effective if you learn etiquettes!

Consider the source of that suggestion.

your parents would really be ashamed of you! really! ask them some other day!

An interesting tact. How would your parents feel about your asking people to do your schoolwork for you? I'm sure they're very proud.

school work is for kids dear! For your kind information its era of information and technology and studies are research based.

Cosider the source............... i told you that i learnt from idiots to make myself better. ..................... you helped me out in this regard and now you are quite respectable for me.

my parents are educated enough to understand the importance of ideas and their sources!

Go and take medicine!

I honestly have trouble making any sense at all out of the muck you keep posting.

So you're a graduate student? Sounds like school to me. A graduate student that can't think of a project is a waste of space, time, money, and a seat in school. Perhaps you ought to have answered this question before taking the plunge.

I can proudly say I have learned nothing from you. Your brand of idiocy is of a relatively common and unimpressive kind.

We get at least ten threads a month from idiot students who somehow managed to get the final project without a clue. Perhaps you should read some of those threads instead of adding your own. Or, for a more enlightening experience, try to see things from our perspective. Some goofball student apparently understands so little about the class he's taking that he can't muster even enough creativity to look back at all of the time spent learning and pull something remotely plausible sounding out of his ass. No, he has to ask complete strangers what to do. One wonders how it could be even mildly confusing why those of us in the field weep for the future.

Amen to that !!!!!!
Maybe it's a case of too much beer pong? Perhaps he won a championship... ?

>> We get at least ten threads a month from idiot students who somehow managed to get the final project without a clue.

And by ten you mean 50 right?

Anyway: This thread is obviously going to end in flames, so I'm closing it. CoderXpert & AuburnMathTutor: Have a tea, a smoke and a good night's rest and cool down.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.