Does anyone know where I can find a good tutorial or have working knowledge with NetCat? I am using the program to send SMTP to a server and I am having trouble after I establish the connection. The goal is to test AV while sending a virus as an attachment, embedded in the date, inside the message and in a ppt.

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by zychos

I am sending a POP3 message from a client to server VM. I get the handshake but the server is timing out. I am using a Quick n Easy mail server and in the log I can see the connection but not the message delivery. I did a SMTP message the first time it worked and placed the message in the rcpt mailbox, the second time it hung up. I used wireshack to do a packet trace. It showed the handshake but not the delivery of the message. I was trying to find a way to trace out of netcat through something like test msgs to troubleshoot plus also find a reference from commands that gives through explanation of how they can be used in terms of syntax i.e. what needs to go first then second.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.