Member Avatar for Andrew_23

So this isn't necessarily a programming question but here it is. Also I'm not sure if this is the right area to be posting this. Couldn't find an area that matched my question

If I have a SVN Repository like /usr/data/svn/myproject And this repo directory has files and folders in it.

Then I type

sudo svnadmin create myproject

Will that automatically overwrite the previous directory or will it throw an error saying the repo already exists

I by mistake created my new directory and I am not sure if it overwrited an existing directory

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question but I'd like to make two points.

Firstly, I've gone ahead and tagged this thread with SVN. Secondly, why not switch to git? I finally took the plunge and I couldn't be happier. That being said, I use an IDE with both svn and git built into the GUI.

Member Avatar for diafol

Check the file creation/modified dates?
I couldn't find the info either (also use git), but start a new project and test for yourself, if you can't work it out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.