hey everyone im trying to get my web site up and running i can access it from with in the lan but i was wondering if i could have one of you guys test and see if you can access it from across the net. thanks alot if you try.
http://www.kylekonline.com if it comes up it will jst be a plain site that came with apache and mandrake. but at the top it will say something like Welcome to KyleKonline.com. thanks again.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Sorry, page cannot be displayed error. :(

well i will mess with some settings and let you know what is goin on and ask if you will try again at a later time thanks for trying.

if someone could possible check the site one more time i think it should be up and running i have had a few ppl tell be its working but i want a few more thumbs up on this to make me feel better about it. thanks

thats odd cause i can get to it here at work and so can some ppl i know on another forum. thats odd i will ahve to see whats goin on with that. thanks for the help.

has anyone else tryed to see if they can access the pages. i have been told that it could take up to 72 hours before all the DNS servers to have the information they need to get you to my site and i was messing with my DNS stuff saterday so i will check back with everyone here in like on weds and see if you can access it then.

I tried it about six hours ago and it worked. Not it seems to be down.

i dont know what is up with it cause i can still access it here from work but i dont know i will give it till tomorrow or wed before i start messing with much :(

would it be possible for someone to test my site again the dns servers should be all set with my ip http://www.kylekonline.com thanks again

edit: it mite not work i dont know whats goin on. it wont work for me and im at work so u can give it a try but im not expecting much. :(

edit: well that samspade.com thing worked on my pages it find it now but there must be something up some where down the line i will have to work on the bugs tonight

last time i promise. but my roommate turned off the cable modem and to go into my dns and change my ip. so can you test it out one more time ppl. after i get a heads up from you guys im goin to start created the page and get an actually webpage up and running.

When I ping your domain name, I get an IP address and it says that all packets were sent fine. But I get a 404 error clicking on the URL.

I can see an about Apache page when I hop on it.

yeah i know the server is up and running cause i can access it from work here but maybe i will give it one more day to get to all the dns servers updated with it. i dont know what else it could be. but i updated the dns on sunday so by today or maybe tomorrow it should be all updated. i really have to look into getting a program or something so i dont have to update my ip everytime we get it changed on us. or look into get a static ip but that would cost a lot more then im willing to pay. well i will see what happens.

if you remember could you try to test it tomorrow. thanks. :)

edit: thanks tecil that is all your are suppose to see at the moment. so it must jst need another day for all the dns servers to be updated with it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.