Sometime back we bought a new computer and practically out of the box we have been getting error messages "ordinal 313 oleaut.32.dll could not be located" or something similar. I also have gotten the message "olaeaut.32.dll is outdated" I have googled this dll and have downloaded and installed (I think) a new copy of it but to no avail. My next step is to try to copy it from another computer and place it in the malfunctioning one but before I really screw things up I thought I ought to seek the advice of some folks who may know more about this than I do. With the dll not working right I cannot download certain programs (ironically like ones that will allegedly fix broken dll's!!) or get AOL to work (a problem because my kids like to use the computer in question. Any suggestions??

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Did you get this problem fixed?

If not where did you get the copy you downloaded and where did you put it on your computer?

If you didn't get it fixed get the file here.

/http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?oleaut32/

put it in your windows/system32 folder.

if it says it can't because it is being used by another program do it in safe mode.

Thank you--I'll give it a try!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.