Hey Guys...

My final year project is a dedicated financial indicator system. It calculates the most frequently used financial ratios for users (companies), provides them analysis(compares their results to previous years' results and Industry average, and shows trend graphs

Considering that its a fairly easy project, im not sure whether to make it stand-alone, or web-based.

Now, I could make it stand alone (considering that financial statements companies prepare financial statements at the end of the financial year) but then companie have varying financial periods, Im still in a bit of tangle about this...

Needs some advice on the feasibility of this project, any software that I could possible use for trend graphs (other than excel) and just general opinion would be helpful...

Thanks in advance...
Adam

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

thanks ill try to explore it and how i can use it to aid myself

hmm, you could create all of that in a spreadsheet...
In fact that's what most companies have for such systems :)

there is of course no urgency in it for anyone. Most CEOs won't mind waiting a few more days for such longterm historical data.

hmm, you could create all of that in a spreadsheet...
In fact that's what most companies have for such systems :)

there is of course no urgency in it for anyone. Most CEOs won't mind waiting a few more days for such longterm historical data.

thanks for you reply...

thats exactly the reason why i wanted to do something different, most if not all companies use excel for this type of system, i didnt wanna follow in that trend...Im very hard pressed to do it using something else other than excel because its a final year project...

well, there's a choice of programming languages out there.
Pretty much everything from A to ZZZZZZZ...
Take your pick and start designing.

hai......just now i go through your project description as per you given....its really intersting one you pls be give more information about that ...i too want to do the same for my final project if you permit.....pls share the concepts and meterial of that i too gain knowlege on that and share my ideas with you ........

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.