Hi guys,

I am still running win 2K (yeah I know update!) but when I try to use a USB removeable media storage device (Imation) it flashes once then is not identified. I have the usual drives, c, d (dvd), e (cdr-w) on the system and not sure if I need to reassign them or what? I have installed all the ms service pak stuff and this is supposed to be PnP. Odd though is that the USB works perfectly with my Canon digital camera.

Thoughts? Could it be in the bios? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy another system?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

funnliy enough this happend to me too. Im not running win 2k but have u assigned any more drives recently ? As my computer used to set the usb stick to E: but since a network drive was regsitered as that it hasnt worked since, yet works on other comps ? sorry that another question and not an answer lol

funnliy enough this happend to me too. Im not running win 2k but have u assigned any more drives recently ? As my computer used to set the usb stick to E: but since a network drive was regsitered as that it hasnt worked since, yet works on other comps ? sorry that another question and not an answer lol

Yep I was wondering if I should add partition a drive. This computer has assigned A:, C:, D:, E: to other devices and maybe I should add an F: or something and not assign a device to it? I have noticed that the comps that do work with these devices generally do not assign anything to the E: and when the device is attached it opens up and shows "removeable media"? Sure could use an expert opinion...and a quick refresher on now to partition the drive correctly!

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.