Yes Christina...your 98 grand am with all those miles was really nailing this topic...your turn.

Okay sweetheart, I messed up with one little post. You win. Now can we stop this nonsense?

dcc commented: for having a blonde attitude -1
Duki commented: you are clearly brunette. +3

Inattentive drivers are road hazards. I think teens tend to fit a profile of inattentiveness (when I encounter them -- which is not regularly). There are too many other groups that fit the profile as well. Old, cell-phoners, out-of-area folks, etc. Some are trying and doing a poor job. Others just suck at it.

This is very true. I, myself, have been one of those who don't pay attention from time to time. But it is very rare. I think that is the number 1 reason for why there are so many 'bad drivers.'
(teens especially...) - We tend to boom out our music so loud that the person's car next to us can feel the vibrations. And we also try to 'look cool' with loads of distracting peers in one car, chatting on our cell phones, laying our seats back so far that you can't tell anyone is driving it, not wearing our seat belts, multitasking, and several other factors that contribute to 'not paying attention.'

and nice car by the way Duki, lovely paintjob. Did you get it repaired or was it written off for scrap?

Thanks, it was my baby. I didn't have a paintjob done to it, i just go to church with a guy who owns a sign shop so he sold/installed the graphic at cost; it was totaled =(
but luckily her insurance gave me enough to get the same car in the LT model (which is much sportier) ;)
I have been waiting for summer to put a graphic on it though.

i good at naming cars but it shurly was a write off with that amount of damage! was that the drunk driver or the granny that caused this?

This was the woman that pulled out in front of me.
The drunk driver crash, he tore off the front bumper of my mom's Montana... stupid piece of trash... honestly, who gets drunk on a wednesday night? Could have killed me and christina... luckily by the grace of God he didn't.

and btw. this is probably considered completely and totally off topic so flame on whoever ...

commented: flane on whoever -1
commented: eh, he's old and a grump. ;) +9

and btw. this is probably considered completely and totally off topic so flame on whoever ...

Enjoy the chat room kids, it's all yours.

:)
I don't know why dcc seems to be such an angry person and have such a negative attitude. You gave me a bad rep because I'm 'blonde?' Which I am not, at all. So I guess you had a good reason?

That's a shame.
I would say grow up, but you are what... 50? =/ You should already be mature enough... but I guess not, huh?

Enjoy the chat room kids, it's all yours.

We aren't even off topic!!
Quit overreacting! (for the 3rd time..)
This thread is about teenage drivers, and OBVIOUSLY, that is what we have been talking about! It's not like someone just started discussing what they're going to have for dinner.

It's not like someone just started discussing what they're going to have for dinner.

mmmm......... vegetarian canalonni (is that how you spell it?)

anyway, i dont like your attitude towards the more "fun" posters DCC.

commented: he's just a hypocrite. =/ +9

Uh oh, you better not! dcc will give you a bad rep for having a blonde attitude. Psshtt, I'm brunette for heaven's sake!
;)

commented: yes dcc doesnt like the "myspace generation" hehehe +12

pty...I didn't get my first decent break in the cost of my insurance until I turned forty, and just realized my second decent break at the ripe ole age of fifty five. I have a friend that waited until he turned fifty five so that he could better afford the insurance on his dream car, a 2003 fiftieth annaversay issue Corvette.

POST #7 ^
If I was at all, 'off subject,' then this is certainly derailing the topic also! You were obviously talking about a Corvette but became very angry with me because I discussed what I drove after you posted this little comment. How can you say that I was off topic for talking about my grand am and driver's education when you posted a comment before me discussing your friend's dream car?!?! Hypocrisy is not a good thing.

we never get big american cars like those here ;(

we never get big american cars like those here ;(

Really? Why?

i dunno. Cost? and because we have to be more fuel efficient

we mainly get french, german and japanese cars.

This thread reminded me of my first speeding ticket: Memorial Day weekend 1984. My first solo highway drive of any fair distance. And the last thing my Mom said before I left: "And don't speed. This is a holiday weekend and the cops will be out." "I knoooow, Mom." Twenty minutes later...

I think part of the teen issue is that they actively try to do things that they and everyone around them knows better than to do.

At least my situation was fairly isolated. Near Lake Sakakawea where there was probably 3 cars as far as you could see in both directions of a divided 4-lane highway. And this was when the speed limit was 55 mph -- I was clocked at 66.

today i pushed just under 85 in a 70mph zone for about an hour... but that's because on the way home from a meeting i lucked up and got behind a cherry red porche turbo that was clocking close to 90... i kept him in front of me a ways as a decoy ;x

The other day me and my friend just got off work and he's like, "I'll drag race you" and I said "okay" thinking he was joking. I ended up getting my car up to 80 in a 35 zone, he was still ahead of me. Luckily there were no cops. I'm not a bad driver though. I've never been in an accident yet.

Oh my goodness.
80 in a 35... that's crazy!

today i pushed just under 85 in a 70mph zone for about an hour... but that's because on the way home from a meeting i lucked up and got behind a cherry red porche turbo that was clocking close to 90... i kept him in front of me a ways as a decoy ;x

Yeah, I usually go about 10 - 15 mph over the normal speed limit on the highway.
Here, the speed limit is 55... and I usually go around 65 - 70. (But of course, I have a good lookout at the same time...) ;)

"I was pulled over for speeding today. The officer said, "Don't you know the speed limit is 55 miles an hour?" I replied, "Yes, but I wasn't going to be out that long."
--Stephen Wright

Another thing that amuses me about this is that is seems to be a more recent affliction, more or less.

I'll need some older-timers to help confirm such details that I don't quite seem to remember. But okay, I was a late-comer in some respects and didn't get my license 'til I was 14. A buddy of mine was street-legal when he was 12. (But of course, that was dandy because he was a farm kid and had already been driving since he was 9 -- off road, farm machinery, etc.)

Why are kids twice this age still having issues?

Here, the speed limit is 55... and I usually go around 65 - 70. (But of course, I have a good lookout at the same time...) ;)

55?

you should so come over here. Its 30 in resedential areas and like 70 (most people do 75-80 though and just slow down for the cameras) on the motorway (speed limit is allegely 100 on the german autobahn ;) )

55?

you should so come over here. Its 30 in resedential areas and like 70 (most people do 75-80 though and just slow down for the cameras) on the motorway (speed limit is allegely 100 on the german autobahn ;) )

WOW.
That's ridiculous!!

well to be honest bennet isnt totaly right
the autobahn in many areas has no speed limit
allowing you to go at whatever speed you want!

thaught so. my dad used to have a BMW and it never ran well unless you did over 80 really

well to be honest bennet isnt totaly right
the autobahn in many areas has no speed limit
allowing you to go at whatever speed you want!

Oh my goodness. Are they any wrecks that occur there?

i dont think theres that many. germans have performance cars and arw probably used to it

Germans use Audi which has four wheel drive ~ so pretty safe there
Merc benz have developed a car that can automaticly apply the brakes when the driver gets too close to the car infront.
Damn these people are clever.........

Germans use Audi which has four wheel drive ~ so pretty safe there
Merc benz have developed a car that can automaticly apply the brakes when the driver gets too close to the car infront.
Damn these people are clever.........

Yeah, German cars are niiiice!
But four wheel drive doesn't ensure safety.

it means you have better control and are less likely to skid. id say that being less likely to skid would make you much safer at high speeds?

55?

I thought the autobahn didn't actually have a speed limit. Or is that just what the supposed limit is and people don't really have to follow it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.