Hi Iknow this is for computers but I could not find the right one for my question. Does any body remember that some time ago a plug in gadget dont know the name. You could plug into a hydro outlet and you could plug your phone in any where in the house as long as you had a hydro outlet. Regards Norm.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hydro outlet?

Hydro outlet?

Sorry but i cannot see anything other than try your suggestions. Where are they?

Sorry but i cannot see anything other than try your suggestions. Where are they?

where are what and what on earth is a Hydro Outlet. Somekind of fluid exchanger or what?:confused:

Do you mean a tap?

where are what and what on earth is a Hydro Outlet. Somekind of fluid exchanger or what?:confused:

OK a hydro outlet is a electrical socket on the wall,where you can plug in a Fan a Lamp a hair drier. Norm.

Oh now i know what i mean

I know such things exist for networking. Its called "Homeplug"

Oh now i know what i mean

I know such things exist for networking. Its called "Homeplug"

how is it different from a normal socket.

You can connect your computers to it so that they can share files, internet etc... without needing any more wires (it uses the electrical wires)

oh fine. In India we don't have such interface. at the recievers end how does it work? I mean here we have something called as Cable Internet. It used the same cable (CoAxial with BNC Connector) which comes as a feed to Television from the supplier but from Supplier end we have Optic Fiber connections running to ISP so the same cable can be used for high speed internet. they would just gve u an IP.

you can use even a set top box and use your TV to surf net. Are u speaking something of same kind?

Thank you for your E. It was a small Box something like a voltage reducer that you find on Scanners Some printers.ETC. With a telephone socket on the out side. You could connect your phone any where in the house where the was a hydro ( electric) socket. Regards Norm.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.