When entering text (any application); selecting the space bar to place space within a sentence, a prompt is provided to close the application you are currently working in.

Has anyone heard of this being a MS Windows issue, or can anyone tell me how to maybe solve this issue? Google doesn't provide any information.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I've never encountered anything like that. I would suspect that you have a bad keyboard. If you have a desktop, I'd try borrowing a keyboard from some other computer and see if the problem goes away. I you have a laptop, you might be able to plug in another keyboard and see what happens, but unless you are willing to carry around a spare keyboard, you're probably SOL.

Hoppy

Take off the space bar and see if there is any dirt/grime blocking the connections, test the small black buttons with the end of a pen to check that the space button actually types a space.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.